PDA

View Full Version : hows your weather?

Vanessa
09-27-2002, 02:08 PM
Its pretty dark here in Maryland and raining. It rained much yesterday too. We really need rain as we have experienced a serious drought.

Peggy C.
09-27-2002, 02:10 PM
From some comments earlier on the coffee klatch thread and personal exp. I think it is raining across much of the country today. Also in parts of Canada.

ChristineLiu
09-27-2002, 02:12 PM
It is BEAUTIFUL here in St. Louis, MO! Both storm systems missed us, instead, we have had the most gorgeous weather for the last week and will continue thru the weekend! Great apple-picking and cook out weather! Hee, didn't mean to make you jealous :D

aggie94
09-27-2002, 02:13 PM
BEAUTIFUL!! Early mornings and late evenings, it's actually cool and breezy. But during the day, it's been warm and sunny, not a drop of humidity in the air. At least not for Texas. :)

Peggy C.
09-27-2002, 02:15 PM
...or maybe I spoke to soon!:o

gertdog
09-27-2002, 02:26 PM
Overcast with scattered showers here. I don't mind as we're planning a stay-at-home weekend... will make eating popcorn and snuggling up to watch the telly all the more appropriate.

ISAIAH30_18
09-27-2002, 02:28 PM
Isador finished up late last night here...now it's bright sunny and hot....as usual. We got a LOT of rain, but needed it badly.

beejayw1
09-27-2002, 02:28 PM
I'll be happy to send this gray, rainy weather to anyone who wants it!

(p.s. Have a great weekend, all!)

Melman
09-27-2002, 02:29 PM
We've had more rain in the past two weeks than I think we've had in the past two YEARS! Yesterday was rainy all day and rather cool. I'm not sure that we quite reached 70 degrees all day. I actually liked the coolness of the day regardless of the rain falling.

This morning, I curled my hair (curling iron) just like normal. About 45 minutes later, I couldn't figure why all the curl had completely and totally disappeared. I turned the curling iron on again and redid it a little bit. I figured out what was going on when I finally stepped outside to head to work. OHMYGOSH! It was about mid 70's...and the humidity had to have been about 300%!!!! It was like walking into a steam bath!!

Fortunately, it's dried out a litle bit. We've actually had some blue skies for a little while this afternoon, and it doesn't feel nearly as sticky.

Bring on fall!! I'm ready NOW!

ErinM
09-27-2002, 02:32 PM
Well, I'm in AZ, so we have the same weather, like, EVERY DAY. Part of me is tired of it, part of me is very happy to see the sun and warmth.

It think the high should be 103 or something. :)

pilgrim719
09-27-2002, 02:39 PM
Rain, rain, go away, come again another day :(

Here in MA it's been raining since yesterday afternoon. Tomorrow is supposed to be windy but the rain will stop. Then on Sunday they are calling for a high of 59!! It's going to feel like we skipped fall and went right into winter! (Ok so I'm a big wuss and love the warmer weather :p ) DF and I were hoping to go away somewhere for the weekend, but with this weather we may hold out for a nicer weekend since we would have been doing a lot of outside walking.

Kari

Canice
09-27-2002, 11:58 PM
Diana/Kari: I will happily accept your rainy weekend! :D
Today was mostly clear (night and morning fog) and mid '60s I'd say. I loooove the rain! Seems we sometimes don't see it til November... :(

HejazSunKat
09-28-2002, 02:04 AM
For anybody going through the blues over rainy weather I'd be happy to send you some of this dratted, relentless Saudi sun! :D