PDA

View Full Version : guess what I got yesterday!!!!!!

dcornelius
10-06-2002, 03:40 PM
I got two pairs of jeans for $20.00 each!!! They were low cut and comfy (not the low cut ones my DD wears, but below my bb) and the best part is that they were size 8!!!!!!! I was SO happy! You should have seen the big grin on my face!!!!!I was SO proud of my self for being able to get back (comfortably) into 8's!!!!

funnybone
10-06-2002, 03:47 PM
Great deal!! COngrats on the size too!

I got a great deal myself last week. I went to the Eddie Bauer outlet last week and found 2 pairs of tall size 8 that were TOO LONG! (That never happens with jeans). I bought them, washed them and put them in the dryer. They are perfect now and I paid $45 for both.

That makes two happy people!

JHolcomb
10-06-2002, 04:03 PM
3 happy people! Lane Bryant had their jeans on sale for $30 and I picked up 2 pair of size 14 petite boot cuts! I would have bought more but DH was afraid they'd be too big for me in a month. I dunno what I'm gonna do when I lose too much weight to wear the Venezia jeans. They are the only jeans that have ever, ever (even when I was a 9/10) fit me right. Perfectly proportioned for me in every way. I normally have a very, very hard time finding jeans that fit in the legs even when I'm fairly thin. But these RULE!! Even after I washed and dried them in the dryer they fit like they were tailored for me! Love 'em!

beejayw1
10-06-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by JHolcomb
3 happy people! Lane Bryant had their jeans on sale for $30 and I picked up 2 pair of size 14 petite boot cuts! I would have bought more but DH was afraid they'd be too big for me in a month. I dunno what I'm gonna do when I lose too much weight to wear the Venezia jeans.

Ahem... (cough, cough)

Uh, and what are you doing to lose weight so successfully? I just signed up for WW, you see (20 lbs just jumped on my in the past year), and was hoping to hear good things... :)

JHolcomb
10-06-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by beejayw1

Ahem... (cough, cough)

Uh, and what are you doing to lose weight so successfully? I just signed up for WW, you see (20 lbs just jumped on my in the past year), and was hoping to hear good things... :)

You won't want to hear how I'm doing it :D . Lots of exercise (5 times at the gym a week, and hour of cardio each time) and trying to cut back on eating out, snacking and portion size. I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but drinking diet sodas is helping a little, too. It makes me feel like I've had a sweet snack and calms the raging sweet tooth some.

50 pounds somehow snuck their way onto my body between high school and the end of college and I'm still working on losing it :rolleyes:.

JackieO
10-06-2002, 04:49 PM
Well, I don't have anything NEW to talk about, but I have lost 5+ lbs in the last month and the slacks that I pulled out of the closet that were feeling a little snug last April are really comfy this fall. Four more pounds to go, and I'll be a REAL happy camper and will plan to hit the outlet mall for some new fall/winter clothes.

Good luck, all!

wallycat
10-06-2002, 05:22 PM
OK....if we're boasting about weight and pant size...no...sorry...I won't go there....

I had a scare with my fasting glucose and even though I'd only gained about 15 (ONLY!!!!! :eek: ) pounds....
my docs (gyno and internist YELLED at me for wanting to lose weight....but I knew that for small people--I'm 5'4" with small bone structure) it MIGHT make a difference and I was willing to try (diabetes runs in my family and I'm just waiting for the day they tell me I'm officially diabetic)....

so............... I added more (yes, EVEN MORE ) exercise than I was already doing...lost all my extra weight, ate only when I was hungry (what a concept!!! :eek: :p ;) )...now, I'm not saying I don't occasionally "fall off the food wagon" but I can fit into the jeans I wore on the motorcycle trip to Alaska to get married...9-1/2 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[pants that I wore in my late 20's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

Peggy
10-06-2002, 10:41 PM
Good for you wallycat, JackieO, JHolcomb, funnybone and Diane!!! I recently shedded 5 pounds but have about 5 more to lose. It is great to hear success stories!

Peggy

Canice
10-06-2002, 11:37 PM
Congratulations, Diane - and everyone else who has managed to shed pounds - the words "size 8" are as nostalgic to me as "white-hot economy" ! But I'm feeling inspired here. No magic blue jeans for me, but I've always worn men's 501s, as "ladies'"/"high-rise" pants always felt icky on me.
I've been lurking some on "Healthy Living" ... think I'll toddle on over there now and finally post. Please don't laugh.

beejayw1
10-08-2002, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by JHolcomb
You won't want to hear how I'm doing it :D . Lots of exercise (5 times at the gym a week, and hour of cardio each time) and trying to cut back on eating out, snacking and portion size. I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but drinking diet sodas is helping a little, too.

Thanks for the reply, which was good news!

The exercise part is about what I'm doing, though coming off a shoulder injury has required me to ease into it (it involved a very heavy suitcase that wasn't on rollers. Never again. :rolleyes: ).

Just a hint: when I want something sweet I usually grab a Dannon's Light (or whatever equivalent you happen to prefer). Minimal calories, no fat, and it feels like a pudding dessert. Love yogurt!