PDA

View Full Version : Cook For The Cure Question

slawrence
10-08-2002, 08:11 PM
I emailed the cookforthecure website about three weeks ago-or more. I still have not gotten my "kit" with the invites, etc. And, the dinner was Sunday night......I will have close to $300 I think-where to send it? What to do? I am a bit disappointed and just wondering if anyone else has gotten their info yet. By the way, the dinner was a great success...lots of fun and a great excuse to cook for friends and have a great cause other than just getting together. Sue

d_ferrero
10-08-2002, 09:08 PM
Hi Sue,

I haven't gotten my info yet either (requested it about the same time you did) and my dinner's next weekend. Any advice for making it a success?

/dolores

slawrence
10-09-2002, 07:22 AM
Dolores,
We did a soup/chili buffet-it was so fun because I had all the work done ahead of time and everyone just helped themselves to the crockpots (I borrowed 5 of them!), homemade bread and then I made cutout cookies in the shape of feet and hearts, frosted them pink. I just kept it real laid back-nothing formal-I had it run from 4-7PM, sort of an 'open house' thing so no one had to deal with missing a seating time, etc. I bought big oval Chinet paper plates (the real sturdy ones) and had small styrofoam bowls. The paper plates worked like their 'cafeteria tray' and it was easy for everyone to move about. Have fun with it, I hope to do it next year as well. (We had it on the same day as Denver's RACE FOR THE CURE, so I could capitalize on the publicity of the day. Good luck! Sue