PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of Diabetic Coma Bars???

Nefertete
11-21-2002, 10:12 PM
Hi folks,

Almost 20 years ago, somebody gave me the recipe for the most stunning fudge I've ever had. I lost the recipe, durn it.

Well, the other day, my daughter asked me for it. I searched the web and can't find it. I'm just wondering if any one of you recipe wiz-kids might have heard of it or even have the recipe.

It's got lots of chocolaty fudge, with cream cheese filling, nuts, and I'm not sure if it has marshmallows. But, it's so darn rich that it truly can be called 'Diabetic Coma Bars'.

Thanks,

Nefertete

Nefertete
11-22-2002, 01:41 PM
None of the recipes I've seen on my web searches come anywhere near this one I'm looking for.

Gail
11-23-2002, 04:34 PM
Be glad you don't live in my head.

Here I was, envisioning a pub with a lot of deathly white, sweaty people going into diabetic shock.

Nefertete
11-23-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Gail
Be glad you don't live in my head.

Here I was, envisioning a pub with a lot of deathly white, sweaty people going into diabetic shock.

Well, Gail. Just look at my signature: The mind knows what the heart enjoys.:D

If anyone's tried these fudge bars, they'd prob'ly feel like they were in a pub, fainting in diabetic shock.

They're really rich. And, ahm po.:cool:

Gail
11-23-2002, 05:41 PM
Being of reasonably close vintage to you, I've got a number of older books, some of which were printed by local groups. I'll scour them over the next day (am expecting to go out shortly) but I'm not holding out too much hope of finding it, to be honest. Another outlet is sometimes sending a letter to something like the LA Times column "Culinary SOS," which often manages to dig up all manner of older recipes.

Will let you know if I find anything.