View Full Version : Lindrusso, Recipe please
12-06-2000, 05:59 PM
You have mentioned the BBQ pork chops and baked beans by CL several times. Could you please post the recipe, I think the family would like this.
The We're Cooking Now is great!! Now I just have to figure out how to chat and I'm set.
12-06-2000, 09:23 PM
Here you go. We're having it for dinner tomorrow night http://www.cookinglight.com/bbs/smile.gif .
BARBECUED PORK CHOPS
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
6 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops (about 1/2-inch thick)
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1. Prepare grill or broiler.
2. To prepare sauce, combine the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Place 1/4 cup sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
3. Trim fat from pork. Combine the thyme, garlic salt, and pepper; sprinkle over pork. Place pork on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 6 minutes on each side, basting with remaining sauce. Serve pork chops with reserved 1/4 cup sauce. Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 pork chop and 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce).
4. Calories 244 (42% from fat); Fat 11.3 g (sat 3.9g, mono 5g, poly 1.4g); Protein 24.6g; Carb 9.9g; Fiber 0.2g; Chol 77mg; Iron 1.5mg; Sodium 649 mg; Calc 22mg.
BAKED TRIPLE-BEAN POT
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 (16-ounce) can baked beans
1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
1 (15.5-ounce) can butter or lima beans, drained
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Combine the first 4 ingredients in a 1 1/2-quart casserole. Stir in the beans. Cover casserole and bake at 350º for 40 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Yield 10 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup).
3. Calories 151 (8% from fat); Fat 1.4g (sat 0.4g, mono 0.5g, poly 0.2g); Protein 6.5g; Carb 33.4g; Fiber 5.3g; Chol 0mg; Iron 2.1mg; Sodium 576mg; Calc 56mg.
12-07-2000, 09:43 AM
Thanks for your speedy reply.
I cant wait to try this, it sounds perfect for this hectic time of year.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.