PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried to use resistance bands on own?

calvingirl42
01-10-2003, 04:34 PM
I've been thinking about investing in a set of resistance bands as a way of getting some strength training in at home when I can't go to the gym. They seem fairly cheap and portable; are they easy to learn on your own? Anyone have experience with doing them on your own?

--Calvingirl

KatC
01-10-2003, 06:09 PM
I have not personally used them, but my best friend has and she likes them a lot. I have wanted to get some myself for the same reason, strength training at home. Let me know what you decide and how it works out.

kwormann
01-10-2003, 06:20 PM
I have some, but am having a lot of trouble finding examples of exercises to do with them. I was sure there would be lots of online help...

KatC
01-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Kim,

Have you gone to the Shape website? I think I remember seeing exercises there for the bands, but it may have been a long time ago. I am not sure how long they keep stuff available. But it's worth a try,

:)

lisas3575
01-10-2003, 06:39 PM
There is an small article in J/F '03 CL about the bands, with some reviews by CL staffers.

Laura
01-10-2003, 07:35 PM
I use them on occasion, I had wrist problems and my physical therapist got me started with them. They really are so versatile; I always take them with me when I travel. You might even try a google search and see what you come up with.

HejazSunKat
01-11-2003, 09:11 AM
I have them and they are a pretty good workout and as you said they are portable so you could take them with you if you are traveling and wanted to get in a little exercise. I got a set that includes a video (Tamilee Webb is the instructor) and it also has a bar that you can attach one of the bands to. It has a little bag that the whole thing fits into for storage and the bar can be disassembled and go in the bag as well.

gaja
01-11-2003, 09:44 AM
I love resistance bands because they offer resistance on both the eccentric and concentric phases of a movement. I always bring some when I travel. There is a great video from Kari Anderson ("Tone it up") that uses resistance bands exclusively.
Gaja