PDA

View Full Version : Salmon Recipe to Share

SooCookie
01-17-2003, 03:12 PM
Hello Everyone!!
I've been lurking around, reading posts for a while, but now I finally have a yummy recipe to share! I found this on epicurious.com and made it last night - and was it good. Not too mustard-y or sweet. It got a 4.5 stars out of 5 from my family. They deducted a half star because the salmon was slightly burnt - such picky people! I seem to have trouble "browning" things in a skillet - they usually turn black! If anyone else has tried this, let me know what you think!

SALMON WITH MUSTARD MAPLE SAUCE
Active time: 20 min Start to finish: 20 min
4 (6- to 7-oz) pieces center-cut salmon fillet (1 1/4 inches thick), skinned
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 teaspoons mustard seeds
1/4 cup chopped scallion greens

Pat salmon dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté salmon in 2 batches, starting with skinned sides up and turning over once, until just cooked through, 6 to 9 minutes per batch. Transfer to a platter and keep warm, covered.

Remove skillet from heat and cool 1 minute. Whisk in remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste. Pour sauce over salmon.

Makes 4 servings.

Gourmet
January 2003

beejayw1
01-17-2003, 03:17 PM
Welcome, SooCookie!

The recipe sounds great! I've been wanting to make salmon with some sort of maple glaze, and this sounds very much worth trying.

I look forward to hearing more from you!

Welcome, again!

Carolina68
01-17-2003, 03:18 PM
Thanks for sharing. I haven't tried the salmon recipe, but I have salmon on the menu for Sunday and since dh loves mustard flavors, I might try this one instead of the one I had planned.

TLee4
01-17-2003, 04:25 PM
This looks great! Do you happen to have the nutritional info?

Thanks!
Terri

SooCookie
01-18-2003, 01:00 PM
Well, this is what Master Cook tells me, but I don't know if it is accurate or not.

272 Calories; 10g Fat (34.4% calories from fat); 35g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 210mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.