PDA

View Full Version : Easy and tasty recipe: Greek Orange Roughy (or grouper, in our case).

lindrusso
03-08-2003, 04:06 PM
I found a recipe in my 2000 CL Annual that turned out to be very easy and tasty. It was one of those recipes that they include with menu suggestions, so it is very easily overlooked.

We made this dish with grouper, and I imagine that it would be very good with any mild white fish. The only changes I made were to add a few black olives and some lemon juice. Also, I think it sounds like too much onion as written, so I just eyeballed the amount of onion for the amount of fish we were using. I baked this in a pyrex dish, so it took a bit longer than the recipe calls for.

I served this over whole wheat couscous with a side of broccoli (with a bit of butter, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper). The colors worked very nicely together.

Greek Orange Roughy (from CL, November 1999)

4 6-ounce orange roughy fillets
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onion
1 cup bell pepper strips (I used red, but yellow or orange would work too)
1/3 cup white wine
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

Arrange orange roughy fillets in a 13x9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with onion and bell pepper strips.

Combine wine, oregano, salt and pepper; drizzle over fillets. Sprinkle with feta cheese.

Cover and bake at 450 for 15 minutes.

Serves 4.

According to my MC, the nutritional information is: 209 Calories (25.1% from fat); Fat 5g; 29g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 51mg Cholesterol; 586mg Sodium.

Enjoy! :)
Alysha

funnybone
03-08-2003, 04:25 PM
Looks good. I'll have to remember that one! Thanks.