PDA

View Full Version : Living Arts Pilates/Yoga Ball wkout DVD

redhead
03-20-2003, 01:38 PM
Has anyone tried the long DVD (I think it's 150 minutes) put out by Living Arts that incorporates yoga and pilates moves using the balance ball? I just received the ball and beginners video as a gift and really like them. I'm not sure which DVD/tape to buy next. Thanks!

mandarin2j
03-20-2003, 03:16 PM
Redhead-

I have the DVD that has the three workouts (upper body, lower body, abs) on it. I've only done the lower body & abs ones, and there are parts I simply cannot do. That is more than likely due to my low fitness level, though. I got it off the living arts site (I think it's www.gaiam.com) and it was way cheaper than getting the three workouts on separate VHS cassettes. Plus, you have the convenience of it being on DVD. :)

-Amanda

RunnerKim
03-20-2003, 04:18 PM
My DH has expressed interest in learning Pilates. I figured I'd check for this at my library but they don't have this particular video/dvd yet. The basic video that they have has 118 holds on it :eek: Even with the 11 copies they have, that can take an eternity.

Kim

redhead
03-20-2003, 04:50 PM
Thanks Mandarin for the scoop! I'm sure I won't be able to do it either, but I would rather have a tape that's challenging than too easy. I think I will order it online right now -- I haven't found it in many stores.