PDA

View Full Version : Review: Raspberry Almond Bars

Darlin
04-08-2003, 01:30 AM
I tried Valchemist's recipe last Friday to take to a meeting. They went over "very well"!! I thought they were delicious. I used 7 tablespoons of butter and when I make them again I'll try 6. They are rich and the almond flavoring is perfect:

Raspberry Almond Bars

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Desserts

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 c butter
12 ozs white chocolate chips -- divided
2 eggs
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp almond extract
1 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
1/4 c sliced almonds -- (optional)

In a saucepan, melt butter. remove from heat; add 1 cup chips but do not stir.

In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar. Stir in chip mixture and almond extract.

Combine flour and salt; add to egg mixture until just combined.

Spread half of batter into a greased 9x9 pan. Bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes or until golden.

In a small saucepan over low heat, melt jam; spread over warm crust. Stir remaining chips into remaining batter; drop by teaspoonfuls over the jam layer. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack and cut into bars.

Cuisine:
"American"
Source:
"Taste of Home, June/July 2001"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 338 Calories; 17g Fat (45.1% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 41g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 52mg Cholesterol; 217mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 3 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES :
"I can never decide what is more appealing - the attractive look of the bars or their incredible aroma while they are baking! Everyone who tries these asks for the recipe." - Mimi Priesman, Pace Florida

valchemist
04-08-2003, 06:00 AM
Thanks for reviewing that, Darlin. I tried them once with white chips and thought they were really good. But they would have been excellent with real white chocolate.