PDA

View Full Version : Rec: Garlic Shallot Dressing

emily
04-10-2003, 09:16 AM
Last night I threw together a great salad dressing, if I may say so myself. I thought several of our garlic lovers here might also enjoy.

It is packed with fresh garlic and shallots, so if you're planning on breathing on anyone in the 12 hours following consumption, don't say I didn't warn you ;)

Garlic Shallot Dressing

2 large garlic cloves, peeled and cut into quarters
1/2 large shallot (or 1 small shallot), peeled and cut into quarters
3 T olive oil (that's a rough guess, I just poured into the blender)
Juice from 1 1/2 lemons
1/2 t salt, approx

Combine all ingredients in a blend and puree until smooth. Dressing will be thick, but should not have chunks.

I tossed it with spinach, arugula and some crisp tender green beans. You can definitely smell (and taste) the garlic. It was a little spicy, tart and salty all rolled into one. Added bonus is that it was really quick.

Enjoy :)

Emily

Peggy C.
04-10-2003, 12:14 PM
Emily it sounds delish, I just printed it. Only one question for you. Can this double as a breakfast drink to keep my co-workers away?;)

emily
04-10-2003, 12:44 PM
Hee, hee. LOL.

Yes, but in that case you should add some ice to make it more like a smoothie ;)

Peggy C.
04-10-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by emily
Hee, hee. LOL.

Yes, but in that case you should add some ice to make it more like a smoothie ;)

OMG it's an ICEE for the grown up kids! I'm going to go market it to 7-Eleven. Don't worry em I'll cut you in!;)