PDA

View Full Version : About the Expression "Know it Like the Back of My Hand"

Kahlico
04-15-2003, 12:49 PM
How well do you know the back of your hand? Could you pick your hand out of a lineup?

The only thing that really makes the backs of my hands stand out is that they are a little redder than most people's hands. I could probably pick my fingernails out of a line up (still attached to my fingers of course).

:D
~emilie

Kayla
04-15-2003, 12:54 PM
Cute question :)

I think I could definitely pick my hand out of a line-up of various hands. I have a small scar on the top of one from a pretty vicious dog bite from when I was younger, and I've drawn my left hand drawing so many times that I think it would be impossible for me to mistaken it!

Kayla

Peggy C.
04-15-2003, 01:38 PM
I have fat dimpled knuckles (like a baby) so as long as there weren't a lot of baby hands in the lineup I'd be ok.

Cute question.

KristinK
04-15-2003, 01:45 PM
I think I definitely could pick out my hands - especially based on my fingernails, or the few freckles, or the little scars on both hands from hitting the side of the pool while swimming backstroke when I was younger, or most likely, the scar on my right wrist from tripping while running outside just last summer (at least it's getting smaller) :)

badunnin
04-15-2003, 01:47 PM
My right hand I definitely would - it's got some nice scars on it from a hot oil burn a few years back (darn onion rings). And my left hand is a most likely.

AndreaU
04-15-2003, 03:08 PM
I definitely know my RIGHT hand quite well and could pick it out of a "line-up" because of the dog bite scar I still have from when I was 8 (2 scars, actually- one on each edge of my hand).

ErinM
04-15-2003, 05:47 PM
Well, uh, can I be wearing my rings???? :D If so, sure, I could pick my hands out.

Without.....well, I have nails that naturally look like a french manicure, so maybe.

HejazSunKat
04-16-2003, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by ErinM
I have nails that naturally look like a french manicure, so maybe.

I want Erin's hands! :D

Kayla
04-16-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by AndreaU
I definitely know my RIGHT hand quite well and could pick it out of a "line-up" because of the dog bite scar I still have from when I was 8 (2 scars, actually- one on each edge of my hand).

ME TOO! I wasn't eight, and the scar on my left hand is more on the palm... but nonetheless - two hands, two scars :rolleyes:

Kayla

BeachBum
04-16-2003, 12:48 PM
I could pick out my own hands, and probably my moms, maybe my sisters but I'm not sure I could pick DH's. Especially if someone wanted to make it hard by putting similar ones in. That's terrible of me!

gertdog
04-16-2003, 12:54 PM
I think I could. I could definitely do my right hand, which has my "bowling scar" on the thumb (something about the way I throw the ball always results in another fingernail nicking my thumb) and a writer's callus on my ring finger (I hold my writing implements incorrectly- always have). That particular fingernail also somehow gets ink spots on it all the time. Also, I have long perfectly straight fingers- no knuckles. This means rings just slide off- I had to get my wedding and engagement rings sized so that they are fairly tight; otherwise they would just fly off.

sneezles
04-16-2003, 12:57 PM
Could pick mine out very easily. Both of my little fingers are bent at the first knuckle down from the nail so they don't lie flat. Right thumb is always in the hitch hiker mode.

KristinK
04-16-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by BeachBum
I could pick out my own hands, and probably my moms, maybe my sisters but I'm not sure I could pick DH's. Especially if someone wanted to make it hard by putting similar ones in. That's terrible of me!
I could pick out DBF's - mostly because his right thumb is noticeably bigger than his left. When he was younger he used to tell people a truck ran over it and smooshed it :rolleyes:

ErinM
04-16-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by HejazSunKat

I want Erin's hands! :D

Well, okay, but I warn you they are cold most of the time! :p

Leisa M
04-16-2003, 08:26 PM
I could pick out my left hand because there is a small callus on the left finger that is just behind my wedding ring. My right, maybe.