PDA

View Full Version : Rev: Raspberry-Buttermilk Sherbet

SueK
05-14-2003, 06:09 AM
I picked up an ice cream maker on sale at Target over the weekend, so I tried this recipe yesterday as my first experiment. It was great! Extremely easy to make, minimal ingredients, and we all loved it. I would imagine it would be just as good with other frozen fruits as well. I didn't strain the raspberries, but just pureed them and added them to the mixture like that.
Raspberry-Buttermilk Sherbet

You don't need to wait for fresh raspberries to be in season to make this creamy dessert.

INGREDIENTS:
1 (14-ounce) bag frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
1 cup low-fat buttermilk

INSTRUCTIONS:
Estimated Total Time: 60 minutes
Place raspberries in a food processor; process until smooth. Strain raspberries through a sieve into a bowl, reserving raspberry puree. Discard solids. Combine raspberry puree, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in milks.Pour mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon ice cream into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze 1 hour or until firm.

NUTRITIONAL INFO:
calories: 205 carbohydrates: 46.8 g cholesterol: 3 mg fat: 1.3 g sodium: 36 mg protein: 2.8 g calcium: 94 mg iron: 0.4 mg fiber: 4 g

YIELD:
7 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup).

cher48603
05-14-2003, 08:42 AM
This sounds yummy!! Thanks for posting.

Peggy
05-14-2003, 09:24 AM
That recipe looks really good! Thank you for posting it!

Peggy