PDA

View Full Version : Pasta Jambalaya (help)

tuff2000
05-29-2003, 11:52 AM
I was just curious to know if anyone has ever made the pasta jambalaya without the turkey sausage? Would it lose a lot of flavor without it? Could I make up for the flavor with something else? liquid smoke possibly? Thanks!

sneezles
05-29-2003, 02:57 PM
I have made meatless versions of jambalaya before and not used liquid smoke. Having looked at this recipe, you could add about 1/2 to 1 tsp of liquid smoke for flavor and I would also add either another can of black beans or maybe pinto, kidney, or garbanzo. I would also add some thyme and oregano for seasoning.

tuff2000
05-29-2003, 03:08 PM
Thanks sneezles! I have been looking forward to making this, I just didn't know if it would still be good. We are definitley going to make this tonight:)

aggie94
05-29-2003, 03:24 PM
Are you talking specifically about the CL recipe that uses black beans and canned tomatoes? If so, I definitely think you would lose a lot by leaving out the sausage (and not at least replacing it with *something*), although it would still make an OK side dish. Without the sausage, it's not much more than black beans and pasta.