PDA

View Full Version : Help! Has anyone finished the book Enemy Women?

suziking
06-07-2003, 07:40 PM
I am about ready to give the book up. I am about half way through and want to know if anything about the book grabs you during the second half that would convince me to keep me struggling through to the end.

THANKS!

Suzi

suziking
06-09-2003, 07:28 PM
Well - maybe then I shouldn't feel so bad about not finishing it!

Sigh!!!

Suzi

Shirley Panek
06-10-2003, 06:58 PM
I couldn't even make it halfway through. Maybe I'll have to come back and try this one again, but not for a long time! ;)

claire797
06-11-2003, 06:27 AM
I couldn't make it 1/4 a way through. Her lack of quotation marks around dialogue drove me bonkers. The story was boring too.

I say, move on!

suziking
06-11-2003, 07:34 AM
Thanks! I don't feel too bad about putting it down now! I am starting The Secret Life of Bees and enjoying it so much better! I love the feeling of not being able to put down a book! Thanks for making me feel better!

Suzi

claire797
06-11-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by suziking
Thanks! I don't feel too bad about putting it down now! I am starting The Secret Life of Bees and enjoying it so much better! I love the feeling of not being able to put down a book! Thanks for making me feel better!

Suzi

My philosophy is that there are too many wonderful books to be read and that life is too short to waste your time reading something you can't really relate to. Glad you ditched that book for now. Maybe you can revisit it in 30 years when your tastes have changed.

suziking
06-11-2003, 08:03 AM
Claire -

I think you are so right. Sometimes I forget how great it is to read a super book and sometimes I get with a book that I just get bogged down in! Yuck! So here's to better reading!

Suzi

mcraig13
06-11-2003, 10:57 AM
I just started Enemy Women at lunch today--I close my office door, eat at my desk, and read. If anyone else has read it I would love to hear your thoughts.