PDA

View Full Version : Conch Fritters

jazzcat
07-08-2003, 01:22 AM
Oh my Gosh,

This is coming from someone who is not really a "fish" eater, yet I have to say I loved these!!!!!!!!!

Of course this was down in the Cayman Islands and I was feeling adventuous, even ready to "spit" them out if I didn't like them. I couldn't seem to get enough.

Now my "quest" is to try and find the best place here to have them.:D

Moral to the story, it's always good to try new things!

Beth;)

ChristineVA
07-08-2003, 06:43 AM
Well, a few years ago I was vacationing in Stuart, Florida. We went to a restaurant called Conchy Joe's. They had conch fritters which I remember as being pretty darned good. They also had the best key lime pie I ever tasted. It was "chiffon" style, which I never had before then and have never had since. It was really to die for. I think the restaurant is still there but don't know if it's any good anymore. You know how places change.
Christine

lhall
07-08-2003, 07:10 AM
Beth,

I love conch fritters, but I've only had them in Key West.

Leigh

Neanne
07-08-2003, 12:40 PM
If you've got access to conch, I'm sure I have recipes.

(Sorry. Too lazy to log out and log in again as Gail. Going offline now anyway...)

Jill123
07-08-2003, 01:49 PM
I MUST be tired. I read the subject as "COUCH Fritters" -- and clicked to see what yummy treat it would be! :o

Good thing there AREN'T any Couch Fritters -- too many Couch Potatoes as is! :D

And, now, back to your regularly scheduled thread...

VictoriaL
07-08-2003, 04:49 PM
of my only trip to any tropical locale. Conch fritters,coconut-based rum drinks, a rich boyfriend with his own plane ... aahhhhhh... and being in my early-20's I ate whatever I wanted without gaining an ounce. Now I'm feeling a bit bummed out! ;)