PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use an Occipivot?

gabbyh
08-22-2003, 02:42 PM
I'm having major problems with muscle spasms in the back of my neck/head and just wondering if any of you have used an occipivot with good results?

http://www.thesaundersgroup.com/images/products/Traction/Occipivot_200.jpg

Or any other suggestions?

~Gail H.

DocAgocs
08-24-2003, 09:07 AM
I'm not familiar with this product specifically, but it looks like a DIY home version of osteopathic Craniosacral Therapy. One of the primary moves is finger pressure to the suboccipital (between the occiput and this first bone in the neck, atlas) muscles to relax them and allow proper respiratory movements of the skull. It works when done by hand, skillfully, but I can hardly imagine that this device is a replacement for good osteopathic or chiropractic care. In my experience, patients tend to overdo it with things like this and make matters worse.

gabbyh
08-26-2003, 12:58 PM
Doc,

Thanks for your reply...a friend at work uses one, her sister is a geriatric PT and got it for her...I'm looking for a good PT in the area...heat and ibuprofen do the trick, but I'm looking for someone to work out these kinks...
Thanks again.
~Gail H.

mkimowz
11-08-2009, 11:26 PM
I have been using the occipivot for two weeks now in therapy. I am buying one online. It is probably the best thing I have ever used for my pain. It is for pains in the occipital muscle at the base of the skull. It won't work for actual neck pain.
It is well worth the money. I found it on Next tag at the best price.

About $10.00 dollars cheaper than everwhere else.