PDA

View Full Version : Electric griddle recommendations?

breadmama
09-06-2003, 07:27 AM
I'm still trying to get the best way to make gobs of pancakes at one time...and looking for help.

I bought a Calphalon griddle, and we aren't sure if it will work well enough for the price tag, so it's going back. Next I bought a Toastmaster electric griddle. 2 reviews on Amazon - one good and one bad.

Sooooo...I'm turning here again. Does anyone have a good electric griddle to recommend?

Thanks again-
Laurie

kbucky
09-06-2003, 07:06 PM
We use our griddle a couple times a week and we like it a lot...when we bought it at Walmart, we thought we'd start out with this cheap model and if we were disappointed, it wouldn't be a great loss. It's a Presto 19-inch Family Size Griddle, and we paid $25 for it.

We only ever do pancakes on it, and they cook up quickly and evenly, and I think we can fit about 10 on the surface. If the heat element is removed it is fully submersible as well (and dishwasher-safe)--although its nonstick surface is so easy to clean that I've never needed to really work at cleaning it up. I never have to use nonstick spray even on those very low-fat CL pancake recipes.

Here's the link at the walmart site.... http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=1857295&cat=4824&type=1&dept=4044&path=0%3A4044%3A4064%3A90546%3A55320%3A4824

Let me know if you have any specific questions...we are quite passionate about our pancake-making around here! ;)

Karen