PDA

View Full Version : Super Club Review

JennieL
09-15-2003, 04:42 PM
Here is our menu that we made this past weekend with comments. In our super club the hostess plans the menu and buys the ingredients, then we all cook together.

Crostini w/gorgonzola, carmelized onion and fig jam - 9/03
I was worried that this would be to "exotic" but it was a big hit with everyone. I didn't to the cooking on this, but it looked like a lot of work for an appitizer.

Shrimp on sugar cane w/rum glaze 08/03 - One of the best grilled shrimp recipies ever IMO! I did find the sugar cane swizzle sticks at Bristol Farms. We cut points into the ends to make them easier to skewer.

Wild rice cakes w/bacon 9/03 - Delicious. The flavors contrasted nicely with the sweet shrimp.

Spinach salad with necterines and spicy pecans 09/03 - Very easy to put together and a definate repeater. I think I'll double the nuts next time to keep some extra on hand.

Honey peach and black berry cobbler 7/03 - The topping never really resembled "course meal", but was perfect after being cooked. We served it with vanilla ice cream.

TLee4
09-15-2003, 07:09 PM
Sounds like a fun, tasty meal. Thanks for the review! :)

Peggy
09-15-2003, 11:55 PM
Thanks for posting your reviews!! I have been wondering about that appetizer. It looks good but I'm not a huge fig fan. May have to give it a try anyway!

Peggy

kristalsnow7
09-16-2003, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the reviews! What a wonderful menu---I admit I have tried most of the recipes from it, and agree they are all great. :)