PDA

View Full Version : Do I want a convection oven?

McSix
09-30-2003, 07:16 AM
We need to replace our electric, slide-in, downdraft range. The one we're looking at offers a convection oven as well as a "regular" oven. I've never used a convection oven. Do I want to?

Beth
09-30-2003, 09:02 AM
I think everyone who has an opinion on this has posted it several times. Try doing a search with convection in the titles only and you should come up with several threads. If you still have questions, you'll probably get more response from more specific ones. Didn't want you to feel ignored. ;)

tbear1923
10-04-2003, 03:52 AM
(little person whispering in your ear) Why yes Mcsix....you DO want a convection oven.

Chefzhat
10-04-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by McSix
Do I want to?

I do!!! I'd love one!

Although I would probably have one as an additional oven, not just my primary one. My dream is to have two ovens.

Debie

Curleytop
10-04-2003, 11:31 AM
YES!!!
I have a Jennair, electric oven, had had it for 15 years! (I have the wall oven). I use the convections for EVERYTHING that is baked UNCOVERED. You reduce the temp. by 25 and the cooking time is also shortened. I am going to do a turkey breast laster today, and you
NEVER HAVE TO BASTE anything using CONVECTION! All cakes, pies, cookies are done on convection. You might have noticed that I always give the convection time as well as the suggested time, in the recipes when I post.
The only things you use your regular cycle for are covered casserole dishes. GO FOR IT!

McSix
10-05-2003, 09:07 AM
Thank you all for your suggestions. I did a search using titles only--what a difference that makes! I had been overwhelmed with all the posts before I limited them. After my research and your comments, I bought a Jenn-Air yesterday and am so excited. I'll continue reading up on my new purchase while I wait for delivery.

AndreaU
10-05-2003, 09:51 AM
I love my oven's convection option! I had never cooked a turkey before and when I used the convection oven, I'll never go back. It was quicker and very easy- just put it in and go.

jefoster
10-05-2003, 09:11 PM
I got my first convection oven over a year ago and will never go back, you should get one.

Tiger
10-05-2003, 09:32 PM
I've had a convection for almost a year now. My booklet said not suggested for cake baking. I wonder why since it seems like a lot of you have success with that. :confused: