PDA

View Full Version : Rev: Jerk Chicken (October, 2003)

Ralph
10-05-2003, 08:45 PM
YUMMY!

Not the traditional Kol Nidre dinner ;), but that's what I ended up making!

It wasn't especially hot spicy, but still really good. If you want the heat kicked up, I'd recommend adding cayenne to the marinade and/or the basting sauce.

The only change I made was substituting Coke for the beer in the basting sauce since I didn't have any beer.

Served it with the Lemon Broccoli also from the October issue, which also was really good.

LaurenP
10-06-2003, 05:49 AM
Thanks for the review, I'm planning on adding these to my birthday party buffet this weekend. (party for fathers 76 birthday) Would these be good cold? I'd like to do them ahead.

Peggy
10-06-2003, 12:41 PM
Glad to hear this is a winner! It's on the menu for later this week.

Peggy

Peggy
10-08-2003, 09:26 PM
I made this for dinner tonight. I substituted boneless chicken breasts and thighs and decreased the cooking time accordingly. As Ralph said, this wasn't very spicy but it was flavorful. I had expected it to be more like the Jerk Chicken I had had in Jamaica (which was intense, to say the least!)

Peggy

granolagirl
02-20-2004, 08:31 AM
This is on the menu for this weekend, but our grill is still buried in snow. Do you think I could bake it? Cook it on the stove?

stefania4
02-20-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by granolagirl
This is on the menu for this weekend, but our grill is still buried in snow. Do you think I could bake it? Cook it on the stove? I broiled it and it turned out beautifully; I've also successfully cooked it on my stovetop grill pan.

nester
02-20-2004, 11:13 AM
I LOVED this recipe! We made ours on our George Forman grill and it came out great. I'm interested to read that you all did not find the chicken spicy. I can tolerate some serious spice -- I'm notorious for it, in fact -- and I found this pretty darned spicy. Maybe it depends on the brand of jerk sauce you use?

Laura

granolagirl
02-20-2004, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the ideas! :) My husband's favorite restaurant is a Jamacian restaurant and the jerk chicken there is SO good. I'm hoping that this is somewhat similar. I can't remember if they cook their chicken on the stove or bake it.

Looking forward to this!