PDA

View Full Version : Web Browser - Mozilla

lonetree1353
10-13-2003, 01:03 PM
Does anyone use mozilla or phoenix as their web browsers. I was watching techTV and they recommended using mozilla over internet explorer. One of their arguments was that it is safer (privacy wise) and that it comes with an automatic pop up blocker. I do have a pop up blocker but wondered if anyone has any opinion on this or using phoenix as a web browser. TIA

Little Bit
10-13-2003, 01:46 PM
I have no idea, but I'm interested too. We use Netscape, for now, but are looking for other options further down the road.

Canice
10-13-2003, 01:52 PM
DBF is a tech guy, and he's all about Mozilla. He first suggested I start using it when I was having problems with Explorer crashing on me, but he likes it because he says it's faster than other browsers and...here's a guy thing (sorry ) he likes the "tab browsing" which it enables: Channel-surfing on the Web!

Corys8646
10-13-2003, 03:36 PM
Tabbed Browsing (must be a guy thing huh?) and the Pop Up blocker are great features of Mozilla..

I would recommend checking it out at least.

lonetree1353
10-13-2003, 04:08 PM
Thanks for your imput. I will download it and see. Is it easy to navigate (ie. the tab thing? LOL )

Luiza
10-13-2003, 05:26 PM
The tabs are a guy thing?!?? Drat :p

I love the tabs. They are very convenient if you try to do work which needs the Web and read the BB at the same time. You don't have to open a million browser windows. And yes, they are extremely easy to use.

I only realized that mozilla comes with a pop-up blocker after I read some of the threads on the BB (the Biquick pop-up story etc.). I still get some pop-ups from certain sites, but they are totally manageable.

sushibones
10-13-2003, 07:26 PM
Cory, I almost didn't recognize you without your beauteous bouncy avatar. :D :D :D ;)