PDA

View Full Version : WW Take Out Tonight Pesto Recipe?

Ms. Chevious
10-22-2003, 11:48 AM
Doh - I returned this book to the library and forgot to xerox the pesto recipe that looked very good - does anyone have it and wouldn't mind posting?

Thanks!!

Melman
10-22-2003, 07:28 PM
I'm looking in the book right now. There's a Pesto Shrimp and Orzo Salad under the Deli Special section. There's also a Focaccia with Pesto and Sun-Dried Tomatoes recipe under the Italian section. Do either of those sound like the one you want? Or can you remember what section it was under?

I'll be glad to post if you can figure out which one you want. (or both).

Ms. Chevious
10-22-2003, 07:51 PM
Thanks for looking Melman!!

It was in the Italian section - it might have been Fettucine and Pesto or something like that? Very simple - just a pesto recipe really, nothing else.

Melman
10-23-2003, 06:16 AM
Found it!

Fresh Fettuccine with Homemade Pesto

Use summer's bounty of fresh basil by doubling the pesto recipe (without the cheese) and freezing half for up to 6 months. This recipe is delicious served with a large tossed leafy green salad and crusty whole-wheat Italian bread.

1 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
2 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
2 Tbsp. low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, sliced
1/4 tsp. salt
1 (9-ounce) package fresh fettuccine
3 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
Freshly ground pepper, to taste

To prepare the pesto, puree the basil, pine nuts, broth, oil, garlic, and salt in a blender or food processor until a smooth paste is formed.

Meanwhile, cook the fettuccine according to package directions, drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid. Transfer the fettuccine and reserved liquid to a serving bowl and keep warm. Add the pesto and Parmesan; toss to coat. Serve with the pepper.

Per serving (generous 1 cup): 256 cal; 7 g Fat, 2 g Sat Fat, 50 mg Chol, 254 mg Sod, 37 g Carb, 3 g Fib, 11 g Prot, 102 mg Calc. Points: 5

Clever cook's tip:
Toasting pine nuts brings out their flavor. To toast, place the pine nuts in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, shaking the pan and stirring constantly until nuts are golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes.

Ms. Chevious
10-23-2003, 01:39 PM
That's the one!

Thank you so much!!