PDA

View Full Version : How long does canned pumpkin last?

rinsav
10-30-2003, 08:31 AM
After making those yummy pumpkin pancakes last night, I put the remainder of the can of pumpkin puree into a tupperware container and threw it in the fridge. Do I need to use it up quickly or will it last a little while? There's plenty for me to make with it...I just want to know how quickly I need to start baking.:)

Thanks!

Peggy
10-30-2003, 09:15 AM
I have been known to keep it for a week or two in the refrigerator in Tupperware.:eek: Have never had a problem! If I will be keeping it longer, I freeze it in 1 cup measurements. It keeps very well in the freezer.

Peggy

rinsav
10-30-2003, 09:39 AM
Thanks, Peggy! Oh, and by the way, I used your dry mix recipe for the pumpkin pancakes and they were great - very moist! Thanks!

Leonard
10-30-2003, 02:56 PM
According to the Libby's Pumpkin : Leftover canned pumpkin keeps in a covered container (tupperware) 1 week in the refrigerator. It can frozen up to 3 months.

rinsav
10-30-2003, 03:03 PM
Thanks, Leonard! That's good to know. Of course, I'm already eying that pumpkin scones recipe so there may not be any pumpkin in the fridge for much longer!:)

Peggy
10-30-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by rinsav
Thanks, Peggy! Oh, and by the way, I used your dry mix recipe for the pumpkin pancakes and they were great - very moist! Thanks!

I'm so glad the dry pancake mixture worked well for you!:)

Peggy