PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving breakfast suggestions

sharon kopenski
11-03-2003, 06:21 PM
For the 1st time ever my brothers and wives are coming to my house. This is quite monumental since we are all old(45 to 57). So I need to cook meals for 3 days for 12 people. I think I have most of it planned except for breakfast on Thanksgiving. I want something healthy and filling that can be kept warm outside of the kitchen, like on my sunporch. I found a recipe for crockpot eggs which is basically eggs, hashbrowns, ham etc in a crockpot. Might taste good but what would it look like? Also thought of crockpot oatmeal with muffins and fruit. Anyway, any ideas.

SweetTooth
11-03-2003, 06:57 PM
Sharon,
How early are planning on eating Thanksgiving dinner? I wouldn't plan too big of a breakfast at our house, however, we eat our main turkey, dressing and all of the sides around 1:00 pm. Then leftovers for supper.

Would cereal or instant oatmeal or even baked oatmeal, yogurt, muffins, and fruit be enough?

Just my thoughts. Have a great time with your family.

little_bopeep
11-03-2003, 06:59 PM
For a "big" breakfast, you can't go wrong with the Creme Brulee french toast. Super easy and delicious served with bacon or sausage.

TerriS
11-03-2003, 07:52 PM
A yummy breakfast cobbler would be nice...fruit, etc with a crunch topping, and some muffins or bread...

Kathy B
11-03-2003, 08:06 PM
If I am planning on eating a big meal later in the day, I know I would want a light breakfast. Just muffins or toast and some fruit would probably be plenty. Hot chocolate would be nice if you live in a colder climate. You can use a crockpot to keep many things warm, even if you don't cook it in the crockpot. Have a great visit with your family!