PDA

View Full Version : Portable Walkman Question

fudi2000
12-07-2003, 11:12 PM
I've decided that I want to buy the DH a CD/MP3 Player for Christmas so he no longer has a reason to NOT workout and excercise. The only problem is, what do I get? The anti-skip thing is what's throwing me off. The 40 seconds, or 100 seconds. Which is better? ARGH!!! I hate technology sometimes.
Please help.
Thanks
Theresa

Svadhisthana
12-08-2003, 05:48 AM
This is the one I have. (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008IP5O/102-4107848-5984913?v=glance) It has a 48 second feature and that works fine for me. HTH!

Crystal

AZLorena
12-08-2003, 06:00 AM
I finally bought an MP3 player with no cd to workout with because it has no moving parts like a cd player. I like to hike and I would my portable cd player with me and no matter how much anti skip it had....it would still skip here and there. Some of my cds started to get scratched up. I like the mp3 player very much. I just download music onto the player it self. It holds about 3 hours of music and I can add a second smart card if I wanted to. They are a bit more expensive, but it beats the cost of replacing broken cd player. I also like the size. Its a lot smaller than a portable cd.

Lorena

mlr73
12-08-2003, 03:32 PM
I second the MP3 player minus the CD player. I've found that the CD player does tend to skip regardless of the so many second skip feature. Also, I've broken 2 players while working out.:rolleyes: One I crushed on a Nautilus machine.

Also, if your DH is going to use the player while working out at a gym, I'd advise getting a holder that he can wear around his waist or clip to his pants. That'll decrease the chances of breaking the player, but if you get an MP3 player with CD, it'll probably increase the chances of skipping. Something to think about, at least.

fudi2000
12-08-2003, 07:34 PM
Thanks guys. DH thinks we're doing a "no gift" Christmas so with this information he'll be really suprised.

Thanks again
theresa