PDA

View Full Version : What is the weather like by you?

tbb113
12-30-2003, 12:30 PM
I know that I shouldn't complain since many of you live where you get a 'real winter'....but here is the weather forecast for the next ten days by my house

Today
Dec 30 Partly Cloudy 54/36
Wed
Dec 31 Showers 55/43
Thu
Jan 01 Rain 52/45
Fri
Jan 02 Rain 52/39
Sat
Jan 03 Few Showers 51/39
Sun
Jan 04 Few Showers 51/37
Mon
Jan 05 Rain 50/36
Tue
Jan 06 Rain 53/37
Wed
Jan 07 Showers 52/37
Thu
Jan 08 Scattered Showers 53/41

Its cold, wet and miserable! Where is the sun? Anybody want to gloat or make me feel better by telling me how NASTY it is by you :D

HUNGRY!
12-30-2003, 12:36 PM
Funny, we have the same weather here (almost the exact same forcast) and I am complaining because it is too warm! Not like winter at all!

ebobbitt
12-30-2003, 12:46 PM
Today is in the high 50's and Friday is supposed to be in the 60's. There's a chance of rain (40%) for Thursday and Friday. This winter has seemed really wet but that's ok as long as we don't have an ice storm. I almost never snows here but we do get those lovely ice storms. I'm ready for spring!

vbak
12-30-2003, 12:51 PM
It is 38 degrees in NW IN.[ southern tip of Lake Michigan and 40 miles east of Chicago] There is nothing on the radar, it is sunny, no snow on the ground. The next several days are supposed to be in the 40s. Unheard of!I am ready for Spring, which usually doesn't arrive until May. If we get a big snow storm now, I will be very unhappy.

Vicky

aggie94
12-30-2003, 12:52 PM
Gloating here. :D I think it's rained all of 3 days since I moved here in late October. Today is slightly cloudy, but it's been sunny and 50s/60s in the daytime lately.

JackieO
12-30-2003, 12:56 PM
The average daily high in January is 24 degrees, and it's 28 now, heading toward 39 degrees by the end of the week! I'm with Vicky, I don't mind this kind of weather in January!

Missi
12-30-2003, 12:56 PM
24" of snow in two days. I've shoveled 5 times since yesterday morning. And everytime the snow plow comes by, he pushes more snow into the driveway and I have to do it again. I went to do laundry this morning at the laundrymat and the sun is out, so a huge pile of wet snow fell off our trees and hit me in the head and on my newly cleaned, folded, warm-from-the-dryer clothes.

of course I do live six blocks from one of the most beautiful lakes in North America, so I try not to complain too much :)

KristinK
12-30-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by HUNGRY!
Funny, we have the same weather here (almost the exact same forcast) and I am complaining because it is too warm! Not like winter at all!
Same here, but I'm not complaining! I hate the cold, but then again, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. The next two days will be sunny and near 50, but it should start raining again by the weekend.

tbb113
12-30-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by aggie94
Gloating here. :D I think it's rained all of 3 days since I moved here in late October. Today is slightly cloudy, but it's been sunny and 50s/60s in the daytime lately.

I went to school at ASU...that seems cold for Phoenix. And you will get your rain in March and August. I got spoiled by the weather there, coming from Chicago. :D

wallycat
12-30-2003, 01:45 PM
Unseasonably warm here...again :(
No point living in Wisconsin if you can't get a decent winter out of it. Still can't figure out why DH wants to relocate...he complains it's too cold :rolleyes:

It was in the 50's a few days ago and will be back to 40 something tomorrow. Bah humbug :mad:

aggie94
12-30-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by tbb113
I went to school at ASU...that seems cold for Phoenix. And you will get your rain in March and August. I got spoiled by the weather there, coming from Chicago. :D

I've only been here two months, and I'm already spoiled! I've been complaining all week about how cold it's been. :rolleyes: I can't imagine ever living anywhere again where it gets below freezing. I've been dreading what it's going to be like for my long weekend in Austin (nights had been around freezing before DH came out here), but it seems a warm front is moving through and there will be daytime highs in the 70s. :D

lhall
12-30-2003, 02:34 PM
Tyra,

We're about the same as you, but high's are in the love 60's this week.

I thought it was January. At this rate we could have an outside birthday party for DD1.

Leigh

Melman
12-30-2003, 02:42 PM
Here's upstate SC...
Today was GORGEOUS!!!!!!! It must have been upper 50's, a nice brisk breeze, and beautiful blue skies. It looks like after tomorrow, the blue skies might be limited for the next week.

Dec 30 Clear 30
Wed
Dec 31 Sunny 58/32
Thu
Jan 01 Mostly Sunny 63/38
Fri
Jan 02 Showers 60/47
Sat
Jan 03 Few Showers 59/51
Sun
Jan 04 Showers 65/42
Mon
Jan 05 Showers 64/31
Tue
Jan 06 Partly Cloudy 60/42
Wed
Jan 07 Scattered Showers 62/28
Thu
Jan 08 Mostly Sunny 54/30

colleency
12-30-2003, 04:04 PM
Los Angeles is low 60's, cloudy, chance of rain.

pattyp.
12-30-2003, 04:13 PM
Is this Iowa? In the 50's again and LasVegas has snow?:confused: But I'll take it:D

Gecko
12-30-2003, 04:19 PM
This is our forecast:

TODAY:
Mostly cloudy with scattered showers.
Highs 76 to 81. Variable winds to 15 mph.

TONIGHT:
Mostly cloudy with scattered showers.
Lows 66 to 71. Trades 10 to 20 mph.

WEDNESDAY:
Mostly cloudy with showers likely.
Highs 76 to 81. Southeast winds 15 to 20 mph.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT:
Cloudy with widespread showers. Breezy.
Lows 66 to 71. South winds 15 to 25 mph.

NEW YEARS DAY:
Mostly cloudy with showers likely. Chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon.
Highs 76 to 81. Southwest winds 15 to 20 mph.

THURSDAY NIGHT:
Mostly cloudy with showers likely.
Lows 66 to 71. Variable winds to 15 mph.

FRIDAY:
Cloudy with showers likely. Chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon.
Highs 76 to 81. South winds 10 to 20 mph.

FRIDAY NIGHT:
Mostly cloudy with widespread showers.
Lows 66 to 71. Variable winds to 15 mph.

SATURDAY:
Mostly cloudy. Widespread showers, then showers likely and a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon.

SATURDAY NIGHT:
Mostly cloudy. Showers likely then widespread showers after midnight.
Lows 67 to 72. Variable winds to 15 mph.

SUNDAY:
Cloudy with widespread showers. Chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon.

SUNDAY NIGHT:
Mostly cloudy with widespread showers.
Lows 68 to 73. Trades 10 to 20 mph.

MONDAY:
Windward and mauka, partly cloudy with scattered showers. Leeward, isolated showers.
Highs 75 to 80. Trades 15 to 20 mph.

As you can guess this is the wettest time of the year. I don't mind it because everything is so nice and green. Also they predict rain, and although it is overcast, is usually isn't as wet as they say it will be. Also it is still warm enough to swim, and you are going to get wet anyway, right?

badunnin
12-30-2003, 04:21 PM
About 45 and wet - I'm in London. ;) Hi all!

Canice
12-30-2003, 04:23 PM
Hi, Bethany!! Hope you're having a blast!
Did you see this thread? http://community.cookinglight.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51803

badunnin
12-30-2003, 04:25 PM
Hadn't seen that! Thanks Canice! I need to get to bed soon (it's 23:30 here) so I'll talk to you guys later! Happy New Year!

tbb113
12-30-2003, 04:27 PM
Felice:
Looking at your forecast, I'm glad I didn't go to Hawaii this year. How disappointing for the tourists ;)

Bethany:
Hope you are having a great time.

Gecko
12-30-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by tbb113
Felice:
Looking at your forecast, I'm glad I didn't go to Hawaii this year. How disappointing for the tourists ;)

Bethany:
Hope you are having a great time.

True! The first visit I ever made to Hawaii was with my family for Christmas (part of my present). And you guessed it - it rained for a lot of the time. The funny thing is that a lot of the time it will be raining where I am but beautiful sunshine over in Waikiki - and I only live about 10 minutes from Waikiki. I guess they really knew what they were doing when they built all of the hotels there. We have even been known to call one of the hotels to check the weather before heading down there on a Friday afternoon :)

Of course, all my kids really want is snow! I keep telling them that they can't even handle the frozen section of Safeway, how are they going to be living in the snow???

Kristine
12-30-2003, 10:50 PM
The weatherman told us that Orange County (well all of Southern California) was in for a major rain storm today....but it never came! :) It was actually warmer today than it has been the last couple of days, and there was a reasonable amount of sun. The Weatherbug on my computer says the current temp is 48 degrees. Since Christmas, it has been super cold (for coastal Southern CA) in the mornings - we dipped down into the 30s!

Our extended forecast calls for much of the same....highs in the low 60s and lows in the mid to low 40s. Not too bad!

fudi2000
12-30-2003, 11:03 PM
Here in Michigan it's FANTASTIC. Barely have to have the heat on, and i haven't had to really shovel anything. It's almost like spring. IT's GLORIOUS!!!!!!!!!! It can stay like this all the way to spring. The warmer the better baby!!!
YEAH
theresa

syzygy
12-31-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Gecko

Of course, all my kids really want is snow! I keep telling them that they can't even handle the frozen section of Safeway, how are they going to be living in the snow???

Felice,

If you ever want to swap houses for a week in the winter, just let me know ;) :D :D . 'Round about February, when the snow really tends to pile up here in Massachussetts, I sure wouldn't mind those tropical trade winds, and your kids could make lots of snowpeople...

SandyM
12-31-2003, 07:37 AM
I'm in Naples, FL right now (coming home tomorrow :( ) and it's been in the high 70's and sunny each and every day we've been here.

Must. Find. Job. Here. Now. ;)

greta
12-31-2003, 08:38 AM
sandy,
just think august in naples before you secure a job there! ;)

new orleans is quite intersting this time of year. one day it will be warm--hi 70's and then the winds will bring in a "cold front" and we'll wake up to 40 degree weather. unpredictable.

we were in ny last week, and we had great weather. sunny and high 50's most days!!! though i must admit, i was hoping for snow...oh well, this will be one year that i won't get to see any of the white stuff.

Kay Henderson
12-31-2003, 08:46 AM
I was going to report, but Missi says it all.

I've bailed on going over the hill to visit my mom in Sacramento today. I don't mind chain controls, but have decided that I'd prefer not to share the snow conditions with zillions of inexperienced-in-snow-driving revelers headed up to Tahoe for New Years Eve.

akairo
12-31-2003, 09:32 AM
((((Missi)))) I feel for you. I hated sholveling after the snowplow. DH was always working, so I always had to do it and that stuff is ice. Of course I moved to Redding to get away from it and it snowed 18" here and I am doing to same darn thing. At least it will melt faster her, but most don't know that you are supposed to slow down when you drive in it. And black ice, what's that! :eek: ...(shaking my head) Job security.

Tamara

SandyM
12-31-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by greta
sandy,
just think august in naples before you secure a job there! ;)

Well, August in Naples sure as heck beats December/January/February in Michigan!! :D