PDA

View Full Version : Barefoot Contessa's Eggplant spread

karenv
01-25-2004, 08:56 AM
I haven't been on this board in more than a year and it is good to be back. Anyway, I made this spread a few weeks ago for a football game "gathering" and it was a huge hit. I fully recommend this one.

Karen

emily
01-25-2004, 09:30 AM
I don't suppose you have the recipe handy? I'm going to a super bowl party next weekend and would like to bring something different and tasty.

Welcome back :)

Emily

lonetree1353
01-25-2004, 09:53 AM
emily I have it in mastercook.

* Exported from MasterCook *

ROASTED EGGPLANT SPREAD

Recipe By :Ina Garten
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 medium eggplant -- peeled
2 red bell peppers -- seeded
1 red onion -- peeled
2 garlic cloves -- minced
3 tablespoons good olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon tomato paste

Preheat the oven to 400F.

Cut the eggplant, bell pepper, and onion into 1-inch cubes. Toss them in a large bowl with the garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread them on a baking sheet. Roast for 45 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned and soft, tossing once during cooking. Cool slightly.

Place the vegetables in a food processor fitted with a steel blade, add the tomato paste, and pulse 3 or 4 times to blend. Taste for salt and pepper.

Serves 6 to 8.

Serve with hummus, pita bread, greek olives, feta cheese and stuffed grape leaves.

Source:
"Barefoot Contessa Cookbook page 41"
Copyright:
"1999"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 34 Calories; trace Fat (4.9% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 372mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

emily
01-25-2004, 11:45 AM
Thanks, Maureen :)

Looks great and easy too!

Em

Gecko
01-25-2004, 01:45 PM
This is so delicious I could eat it with a spoon. Thanks for reminding me about this, I must get round to making it again - I will have to hide my spoons though.:D

Meg O'C
01-25-2004, 01:52 PM
Good to hear! I've earmarked this in her book but never made it. My mom put it on her upcoming supper club menu just based on my reco of other BC recipes so I was really hoping it would be good! Maybe I will make some for Super Bowl Sunday!

Jeanne G
01-26-2004, 07:23 AM
I saw her making this and began salivating, so I copied the recipe! I am glad to hear it's as good as it looked!

helios7
06-03-2004, 04:42 PM
Pulled up this old thread because this spread was SO good I couldn't believe I was the first to make it. Sure enough, others have been before me!

Being a current devotee of the SBD I want to add that when consumed with cucumber sticks this dip is also Phase 1 and 2 friendly! And OH SO tasty - creamy, hint of garlic and just so smooth considering the lack of oil.

2 thumbs up!

Luv to Cook
06-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Thanks helios! I am always looking for SBD friendly snacks!

Anita