View Full Version : Where can you buy a bicycle seat?

02-22-2004, 10:42 AM
I need a stationary bicycle seat that will allow me to ride for longer than 30 minutes. I have a Keiser spinning bike that I love, but can't tolerate it for more than 30 minutes even after buying a gel seat. I think I need a bigger one. Do stores like Walmart or Target have them? I saw some online for over $50, but would rather not pay that if I can do better. Any ideas? I'm working around the house today, but next week I will go looking. It would be great if someone could point me in the right direction.

02-22-2004, 12:15 PM
I have certainly seen bike seats at Target, I don't recall the price range, though. I would guess that WalMart and Sam's would have them as well, but I never go there so I can't say for sure. You should also be able to find them at any sporting goods store that carries bike accessories (Sports Authority, Academy Sports, etc.) and naturally bike shops.

02-22-2004, 01:20 PM
DH bought a seat at Ski-market...I don't recall what the cost was since it was a lot less than the new bike that I was buying at the same time :) They had seats specifically designed for men and women rather than the generic one-seat-fits-all type that we found at Walmart.
You could probably try out different types of seats at a sporting goods store and then look for the equivalent at Walmart to save money. Ski-market was good about letting me try out EVERYTHING in the parking lot before I bought it - even though it took me a couple of hours to make up my mind :o.
Sears would only let me ride around the bike aisle :p

We had gift cards for ski-market, but I hate skiing...otherwise we would have shopped around more to check prices.

02-22-2004, 02:06 PM
Thanks for your replies. I will be doing a lot of looking before buying!