PDA

View Full Version : Where can you buy a bicycle seat?

Jazzmatazz49
02-22-2004, 09:42 AM
I need a stationary bicycle seat that will allow me to ride for longer than 30 minutes. I have a Keiser spinning bike that I love, but can't tolerate it for more than 30 minutes even after buying a gel seat. I think I need a bigger one. Do stores like Walmart or Target have them? I saw some online for over $50, but would rather not pay that if I can do better. Any ideas? I'm working around the house today, but next week I will go looking. It would be great if someone could point me in the right direction.

funniegrrl
02-22-2004, 11:15 AM
I have certainly seen bike seats at Target, I don't recall the price range, though. I would guess that WalMart and Sam's would have them as well, but I never go there so I can't say for sure. You should also be able to find them at any sporting goods store that carries bike accessories (Sports Authority, Academy Sports, etc.) and naturally bike shops.

summer02
02-22-2004, 12:20 PM
DH bought a seat at Ski-market...I don't recall what the cost was since it was a lot less than the new bike that I was buying at the same time :) They had seats specifically designed for men and women rather than the generic one-seat-fits-all type that we found at Walmart.
You could probably try out different types of seats at a sporting goods store and then look for the equivalent at Walmart to save money. Ski-market was good about letting me try out EVERYTHING in the parking lot before I bought it - even though it took me a couple of hours to make up my mind :o.
Sears would only let me ride around the bike aisle :p

We had gift cards for ski-market, but I hate skiing...otherwise we would have shopped around more to check prices.

Jazzmatazz49
02-22-2004, 01:06 PM
Thanks for your replies. I will be doing a lot of looking before buying!