PDA

View Full Version : Please - need recipe from WW TOT

Gracie
02-24-2004, 07:40 AM
I cannot find my copy of Take Out Tonight. It is somewhere in my basement in a box since we've packed up the kitchen for our renovation.

I was planning to make the Sausage and Broccoli Rabe Risotto from TOT tonight. I wouldn't bother finding the recipe and just make something else, but I don't want the broccoli rabe to go bad.

Can anyone please post this recipe (and any reviews from anyone who's made it?)?

TIA!

Loren

erin elizabeth
02-24-2004, 08:44 AM
No review, but here is the recipe. Let us know how it is after you make it. :)

Sausage and Broccoli Rabe Risoto
WWTOT

3 c low-sodium chicken broth
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 1/4 c Arborio or short-grain rice
1/3 c dry white wine
1/4 tsp freshly gound pepper
1/4 c chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/2 pound hot Italian turkey sausage, casings removed, crumbled
1/2 bunch broccoli rabe, rinsed and chopped

Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat and keep at a simmer. Heat a large nonstick saucepan over medium heat. Swirl in oil then add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3-5 minutes. Add the rice and cook until the outer shell is lightly toasted, 2-3 minutes. Add the wine, pepper, and 1/2 c broth and stir until the liquid is absorbed. Continue to add broth 1/2 c at a time, stirring until just absorbed before adding more, until the rice is just tender and the mixture is creamy. The cooking time from first addition of broth should be 20-24 minutes. Meanwhile, spray a nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the broccoli rabe; cover and cook until wilted and softened, about 7 minutes. With a fork, stir the sausage and broccoli rabe into the risotto.

6 pts per cup

Gracie
02-24-2004, 09:33 AM
Thank you Erin!

Loren