PDA

View Full Version : Cooking Class Fundraiser in Ann Arbor Michgan

JenniferJJ
02-24-2004, 01:27 PM
Would you be interested in taking a cooking class with the proceeds going to a charity? I received the information in the mail today: The proceeds would go to Friends In Deed, a non-profit based in Ypsilanti, serving Washtenaw County. This organization's main purpose is collecting used furniture from people who no longer need it and giving it to people who do.

Here is the description as written:

"Early Spring in the Seasonal Kitchen" with pastry chef Joan Mathison

Cooking in season is a treat for your taste buds, good for a healthy body and the community, and easy on your budget. Join us for a very special cooking class and learn what foods are in season year-round and delicious ways to serve them to your friends and family.

Support the work of Friends In Deed while you enjoy tasting early spring recipes made with fresh foods donated by local specialty food merchants.

Bio: A curious chef, Joan enjoys teaching people how good food can improve the quality of their lives. She has taught classes for Kitchen Port, Washtenaw Community College, The Produce Station, Zingerman's Bakehouse and is now developing new opportunities to learn about food and wine.

Date: Friday, March 5
Time: 6:30-8:30p.m.
Price: $25/person

RSVP is required, but I don't know who the check is made out to, if credit cards are taken, etc. If you are interested, I can find that information out.

I have never heard of this idea, but I think it's a great idea.

Lrimerman
02-24-2004, 01:56 PM
That sounds great, but we already have plans that weekend. I would love to do it otherwise. If you find out they are doing more than one, please post.

I just went to a bread class at Zingerman's bakehouse where the proceeds went to charity. Zingerman's is having another one of their baking events on March 14th, for those interested.

Lisa

Mamasue
02-24-2004, 02:04 PM
Wish I could just hop a plane but its not that easy! Have fun Jennifer! ;)

JenniferJJ
02-25-2004, 05:44 PM
Lisa,
If I find out about another one, I sure will let you know.

Sue,
Wish you could just hop on a plane, too. Would love to meet you!

breadmama
02-25-2004, 07:38 PM
Jennifer,

I would be interested if another one is scheduled. We have plans on the 5th, too. Three, in fact, all at the same time. Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, and a friend's birthday bash. I hate that when that happens! Wish we could do it all.

Thanks for the info, though. It sounds like fun, and we're always up for a reason to go to Ann Arbor! :)

Laurie