PDA

View Full Version : Re-Heating Lasagna Help/Ideas

CHRIST1NE
02-02-2001, 02:48 PM
I think most of us would agree that lasagna tastes better the next day. So, with that in mind, how do I re-heat an entire pan of lasagna (CL Hearty Lasagna) (oven temp, how long, covered/uncovered etc.) I am having a small dinner party on Sunday and simply want to re-heat the lasagna that I am going to cook tonight/tomorrow. I'm afraid that I might burn it or somehow dry it out.

goldilocks
02-02-2001, 03:06 PM
I would reheat covered at 300 degrees for maybe a half hour to an hour? I am not sure about the time, so I usually just check to make sure it is hot throughout. Also, when you take it out of the fridge, let it sit on the counter at room temp. for a half hour or so before reheating. If you warm it up tightly covered with foil you will not overcook it.

Here's another option for you. You could do a no boil lasagne or manicotti and assemble it the night before and chill. Then before the party, you can pop it in the oven. You would not have to worry about the overcooking issue. I do this with manicotti. I stuff the uncooked shells and lay them in a foil pan (easy clean up). Then I pour sauce over and cover tightly with foil, and then bake. I always assemble before and they are delicious. I can post the recipe if you want it. Just wanted to provide you with an alternative.

CHRIST1NE
02-02-2001, 04:34 PM
Thanks goldilocks for the no-boil idea. I had not thought of that.

I would love to see you manicotti recipe. I am in the process of switching all my "old" favorites (high fat etc) to comparable CL recipes.

kwormann
02-02-2001, 05:12 PM
From my mother....put it in the oven as soon as you turn it on to help it come to room temp...it ALWAYS works!

goldilocks
02-05-2001, 09:55 AM
Sorry I couldn't get the manicotti recipe to you in time. I didn't have a chance to check the boards this weekend. What did you decide to make and how did it turn out?