PDA

View Full Version : RebeccaT...How was Your Trip to Scotland

sneezles
04-09-2004, 05:07 PM
Rebecca,
I'm dying to know how the trip went!!! I did a search thinking I might have missed your thread but the last thing you posted was on 3/26!!!!! Details, we're (ok, I'm) dying to know all about it! I know you're back I saw a post just yesterday....

claire797
04-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by sneezles
Rebecca,
I'm dying to know how the trip went!!! I did a search thinking I might have missed your thread but the last thing you posted was on 3/26!!!!! Details, we're (ok, I'm) dying to know all about it! I know you're back I saw a post just yesterday....

Maybe she's still in the "let it all sink in" phase. I have a hard time writing travel reports immediately too.

Susan and Rebecca, you both probably know this but next month's Bon Appetite is The Foods of Scotland. Haggis anyone?

JenniferJJ
04-09-2004, 06:45 PM
I was thinking the same thing.

Rebecca, You had great stories to share about Greece and the surprise party so I hope you will have time to share about this, too.

sneezles
04-10-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by claire797
Haggis anyone?

Blech! :p Not without a fifth of wiskey before hand and even then don't tell me what I'm eating!

mightyh
04-12-2004, 09:11 AM
*bump*

aggie94
04-12-2004, 12:25 PM
Just bumping this again for Rebecca, since I see that she is on the BB today and posting sporadically. :)

RebeccaT
04-12-2004, 01:05 PM

Maybe she's still in the "let it all sink in" phase. I have a hard time writing travel reports immediately too.

Susan and Rebecca, you both probably know this but next month's Bon Appetite is The Foods of Scotland. Haggis anyone?

:o :o

I got back Tuesday, and I was SOOO tired last week since I went back to work for two days before Easter! I am still getting my thoughts together, and trying to work up the energy to post a good trip report. I can't promise it will be as good as Greece (for those of you who thought that one was good to read, it was certainly fun to write) but it is coming. I promise.

I'll try to work up something by tomorrow. Promise!

Here are a couple of pics, though, to give ya'll a taste(I haven't gotten them all back yet, that's the other reason for the delay...):

St. Giles' Cathedral in Edinburgh
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4da33b3127ccebcdf03cc5dd80000001610

Brodie Castle
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4da33b3127ccebcdf04589ce70000001610

On the shores of Loch Ness
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4da33b3127ccebcdf1bd25dca0000001610

RebeccaT
04-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Oh, and Anna, I bought BA as soon as I saw it, and CURSED them for not getting the issue out a month sooner! :mad: I would have LOVED that while we were over there! I did get to eat at the Witchery in Edinburgh, though, which is mentioned in the article...

claire797
04-12-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by RebeccaT
Oh, and Anna, I bought BA as soon as I got it, and CURSED them for not getting the issue out a month sooner! :mad: I would have LOVED that while we were over there! I did get to eat at the Witchery in Edinburgh, though, which is mentioned in the article...

When DH handed me my BA, the first thing I thought was "Rebecca and Susan are going to go nuts!" :).

It really is too bad you couldn't have used it as a guide. I'm saving mine in case I ever make it to Scotland. Hope all those places are around in 30 years ;).

Your pictures are awesome! Can't wait to see a few more.

BTW. The BA only has one article about haggis.

JenniferJJ
04-12-2004, 01:47 PM
Great photos Rebecca!

sneezles
04-12-2004, 02:49 PM
The BA only has one article about haggis.

And the opening paragraphs are why I cannot bring myself to eat it!!
I made the Asparagus with the Saboyon Sauce (not the real name but it's down in the kitchen). It was nice but would have been better with roasted rather than steamed.

Great pics, Rebecca! Hope you've recovered! I think we've been to Brodie Castle! Were the castles not open yet?

RebeccaT
04-12-2004, 02:51 PM
They actually were, mostly. Most everything started opening up for tourist season on April 1, so our timing was perfect!

Sneezles, if you PM me your address I'll get your book back to you!

RebeccaT
04-12-2004, 02:53 PM
bump

leightx
04-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Wow. Those pics are incredible!! You lucky, lucky girl! Can't wait to see and hear more. One of these days I'll make it out of the country (to somewhere other than Mexico, I mean...) :D

Peggy
04-12-2004, 11:54 PM
Another anxious reader patiently waiting for your report! We will be in Scotland in August and are just starting to decide where we will go and what we will see. I'll be watching for your report when you get rested up and have the time to post it!:)

Peggy

sneezles
04-14-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by RebeccaT
bump

:D Sorry haven't been on for a couple of days as we have house guests...will go pm you now.

Peggy
05-23-2004, 12:53 PM
Shameless Bumping!! Just did a search to hear the details about the trip... Would love to hear about it if you have a chance.:)

Peggy