PDA

View Full Version : Update on my father

nori
05-18-2004, 10:15 PM
I've posted here before about my father found out that he has liver cancer and hospitalized. I got many support from people here, so I'd like to give you some updates.

He had a surgery yesterday and doing well. From the test before operation, they were supposed to remove some parts of liver which they knew was a cancer. He also had several spots around it they didn't know for sure but thought a step before becoming a cancer, so they said they'd remove them or burn them off during the operation. That was what they told my parents before the surgery.

Well it took 5 hours for the whole procedure but it turned out they could not find those "spots" anymore when looked inside. They removed the big cancer part, but other than that, everything looked fine so they closed him up. So as a result, they ended up leaving more liver than they thought they could, which is a good news. Having Hepatitis C, his liver won't grow back to the original size as normal people's would.

He's in the recovery room and thanks to the pain medication, not so much pain so far. He's just so drowsy (which is totally understandable). He'll probably start getting up and walking soon and will be back to the regular room soon, too.

So.....it's been pretty much stressful but I'm glad this big part is over now. He doesn't have any plan to do chemo or radiation, so he just need to focus on recovery from the surgery.

Again, thanks everyone for kind thoughts and prayers.:)

Loremma
05-18-2004, 10:18 PM
(((((((nori)))))) Hugs and best wishes for your fathers recovery. Glad to hear those spots were not there. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Peggy
05-18-2004, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the update! So happy to hear that there was some good news after the surgery and that all is going smoothly. Take care!:)

Peggy

lhall
05-19-2004, 07:01 AM
Nori,
Thanks for the update and I'm glad your family got some good news.

Leigh

Jessica
05-19-2004, 07:31 AM
Nori,

Thanks for updating us. I am sending good thoughts to you and your family.

Jessica

HRJ
05-19-2004, 08:52 AM
Nori, thanks for the update. Sounds like things went as well as they possibly could. I'll be thinking good thoughts for your father's recovery, and for you and the rest of your family.

Helene

funnybone
05-19-2004, 09:09 AM
I just want to add my thoughts and prayers for your dad and family as well.

RunnerKim
05-19-2004, 11:45 AM
Nori,
Thanks for the update and glad to hear his liver was in better shape than the doctor's anticipated. I hope he recovers well and soon and is over to visit you before you know it.

Kim

colleency
05-19-2004, 01:05 PM
((((Nori)))) Thank you for the update. I hope for a speedy recovery.

gertdog
05-19-2004, 01:15 PM
(((Nori and family))) Thank you for giving us the update- I am so glad to hear that your father's surgery went well. Sending good thoughts for his recovery.

jmarie
05-19-2004, 04:15 PM
What everyone said. thanks for the update and I will continue to remember you and your family in my prayers.
Joyce