PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Bauer Sizes?

Linda in MO
06-28-2004, 08:58 PM
I want to place an order with Eddie Bauer but I don't know how their sizes run...big, small, true to size? I'm looking at tops, shorts, and capris. Thanks

wallycat
06-28-2004, 09:24 PM
I have not bought from there in a while...
I know that Kohl's dept. store is making sizes bigger and bigger...so whatever you used to wear, drop down 1 or 2 sizes.
I think DH mentioned something similar for Eddie Bauer...sorry not much more help.

THeir website may have a chart or maybe a support online help line.

Vicanddi
06-28-2004, 10:57 PM
I find Eddie Bauer clothes to be close to my regular size, or just a little big, especially in the tops. For me, I would order a dress in my usual size, and the same with pants, but may order one size smaller in a top, depending on style, fabric, etc.

MusicMom
06-29-2004, 07:18 AM
I recently bought some shorts at an E.B. outlet that were comparable to my other clothes. I love their designs.

Linda in MO
06-29-2004, 08:47 AM
Thanks guys. I forgot to mention that I'll be ordering petites...will that make a difference? I don't have a lot of petites in my closet to compare.

KathrynY
06-29-2004, 09:42 AM
Linda, I order Eddie Bauer petite sizes - I'm 5'4" and they fit me very well, running pretty true to the sizes I wear in other brands. I just ordered several tops on sale, and have a few pair of EB shorts in my closet.

Vicanddi
06-29-2004, 12:57 PM
I order petites as well...and order the sizes the way I mentioned in my previous post, just ordering the tops smaller.......didn't notice any effect with pants/shorts/dresses.

Linda in MO
06-30-2004, 02:56 PM
Thanks again! Well I couldn't decide what size to get in the shorts so I ordered both sizes :rolleyes: and will just send back what doesn't fit.
Here's a link to their summer sale for anyone who's interested...
http://www.eddiebauer.com/eb/default.asp?cm_ven=Performics&cm_cat=Affiliate&cm_pla=Tier3&cm_ite=Tier3
And here's a link to get 20% off your order...
http://www.specialoffers.com/Eddie%20Bauer-coupons-offers

lindrusso
06-30-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by wallycat
I know that Kohl's dept. store is making sizes bigger and bigger

I noticed that this year with Kohl's! How maddening. I'm probably what I would consider, by yesterday's standards, size 8 right now - although in today's sizes, I wear a 4 or 6. One pair of shorts I have is even a size 2. :rolleyes: When I was a size 3/4 in the 80s and 90s, a size 2 was truly very tiny.

Anyway, I went to Kohl's the other day to get some tops and all the smalls were WAY too big. And I'm not tiny by any means, so what do the really small girls do????

ARGH. I wish they would stop this trend. In order to make everyone feel so happy about the smaller number on their pants or shirt, those who truly ARE small are getting a very bad deal. Sheesh and grrrrrr...... :mad: :mad:

Alysha

cniles
07-01-2004, 08:04 AM
Linda - this is probably too late since you already ordered but I find the sizes true to size. I'm a EB walking build board sometimes!!!:D Hope they work out for you!!