PDA

View Full Version : Why is MWS

jmarie
07-26-2004, 02:19 PM
listed as a guest now? I was re-reading old threads today, hunting for something, and saw a post by GUEST, number of posts:N/A. I thought, now this is really going to cause problems. I thought you had to be a registered member to post on the boards.

So, I did a search engine on Guest and it said No One by that name. So I went back to the thread I was reading and then chefzhat quoted MWS and it was the same statement that Guest had just made. So, I am guessing that MWS and Guest are the same person?

Is that what happens if you quit the board, that everything changes to guest? Is she gone? I really hate it. I hate to see anyone leave the board. Someone Pm'ed me and told me she was just going to lurk now, but we can still go back and read her old posts. Kind of makes a void, you know?

MWS if you are lurking, please come back.
Joyce

tbb113
07-26-2004, 03:11 PM
Looking at the options....I think she chose to be invisible

Invisible Mode?
Selecting yes allows you to surf the forums without appearing in the 'Logged In Users' list.

Cafe Latte
07-26-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by tbb113
Looking at the options....I think she chose to be invisible

Invisible Mode?
Selecting yes allows you to surf the forums without appearing in the 'Logged In Users' list.

No, this can't be it. Choosing invisible just doesn't display your name on the the front page list of current users. She must have conntacted CL and ask her name be removed.

jmarie
07-26-2004, 03:56 PM
WOW...so I guess she is just gone...that sucks.:(
Joyce

Escher
07-26-2004, 05:08 PM
Yeah, I'm invisible right now, and my info is preserved.

Huh. That's a noodle tickler.

jmarie
07-26-2004, 07:57 PM
OK, Escher, without having to go there...are you meaning that you are invisable and we could still read what you had posted in the past?

I can't believe that someone would do that. We all get our feelings hurt from time to time (even me....) So, what I do is walk away and come back later and continue. How could anyone leave this place? Gosh, I would miss any of you if suddenly I realized you were gone without even saying goodbye. We need to promise to say goodbye if we leave. Did MWS say goodbye anywhere? I did a search but it is like she didn't even exist. This is sad.

Hopefully, she closed out her account and will return as someone else, for whatever reason. That would work.

Escher
07-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Maybe she got banned by the moderator!

Does anyone else remember the screenname of someone who was banned....we could compare what happens w/ banned posters to what happened to MWS?

Maybe she got so fed up with me she said something untoward to the moderator?

---on a completely unrelated note-----

JenniferCL, have I told you how pretty you look this evening?

jmarie
07-26-2004, 09:29 PM
Maybe she got so fed up with me she said something untoward to the moderator?

No, Escher, I think she would save that for you. I don't think she would be unkind to JenniferCL over something like that.

funnybone
07-27-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Escher
Does anyone else remember the screenname of someone who was banned....we could compare what happens w/ banned posters to what happened to MWS?

I just checked one that I remembered was banned and the status says BANNED. Not sure what happened to MWS, unless she asked to leave.

Gail
07-27-2004, 11:28 AM
No insight here on the subject of MWS. I will tell you that when Maelynn was in charge, she'd designate certain posters as banned. I am reasonably sure that since Jennifer has taken over, she has chosen not to use the designation. I remember one case (can't remember screen name) where she simply removed offending post and person's profile shows zero posts, no change in status.

On a couple of the other boards I visit, when members have asked to be removed from the roster, records reflect "n/a" with no personal information. The fact that there is no sign of MWS having been here (other than quotes) suggests the removal was member requested.

Escher
07-27-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Gail
The fact that there is no sign of MWS having been here (other than quotes) suggests the removal was member requested.

Agreed.

What a pity.

I wonder why she left....