PDA

View Full Version : Healthful Living Challenge: Week #5? What happened?

lindrusso
08-11-2004, 08:11 AM
Hello out there. I see a week #3, but no week #4 or #5. I think it's week #5, yes?

In any case, I dropped out when we went on vacation, but I did have intentions of returning for the last 3 weeks or so.

Do we want to try to see this challenge through until the end or start a new one?

Anyway, I've been cutting calories by avoiding sweets and my nightly glass of wine or beer. I'm also trying to get back into regular exercising - that's coming a little slower, but it's coming.

Hopefully I'll start to see a difference in my clothes soon - I can't afford not to!

How's everyone doing?

Alysha :)

valchemist
08-11-2004, 08:57 AM
I had dropped out for a while, too. But I am back on the Weight Watchers wagon. I started back up with my WW online program last week and I had a 2 pound weight loss on my Monday weigh-in. I'd like to lose about 10 more pounds.

I don't know how long I will be able to keep this up, but I am going to try to be good... My new incentive is that I am anxious to get pregnant again and I would like to lose some weight in advance of this. For some reason, it helps to have incentives, you know? I have trouble just saying I am going to lose weight for the sake of my health or so that I look/feel better. That should be incentive enough, but it never seems to be!

Thanks for starting this back up, Alysha. And, everyone else, I am sorry for being MIA.

Sarah428
08-11-2004, 09:49 AM
I'll need to look back at the weeks, I haven't been keeping track. I've been soooo busy w/ the wedding, reception, camping trip and now Ella's 1st b-day this weekend that I haven't been keeping up as well as I use to. I need it though, my motivation has gone down the tube while the scale went up 3 lbs:o ! We might need a break though, seems like summer was busy for lots of us.

I'll post my weekly goals (even though it's Wednesday, just got back from camping)
Monday - 45 minute run (done)
Tuesday - 20 minutes elliptical, 45 min running class, core work (done)
Wednesday - 8 minute row machine, 30 minutes lifting, 20 minutes stair machine (done) ADD walk w/ dog if not raining tonight
Thursday - ditto Tuesday
Friday - 30 minutes cardio, 30 minutes lifting, 1 hr walk at Relay for life
Saturday - running in a.m. before Ella's party

Sending healthy thoughts your way - Sarah

pbutterfly
08-12-2004, 08:49 AM
Actually, I'm pretty sure we're only on week 4. I had noticed that there was no thread this week and meant to start it yesterday, but ran out of time.

As for the challenge, I'm still at it. My goals are still the same for this one - all my water/day, stay in my WW flexpoints, workout min. 3x/week, go to a WW meeting, and post at least 2x/week (so this is #1 for this week!)

Having my challege chart on the wall has helped me keep on it when I wasn't keeping up online...

hope there are others still at it! I'll try and up my posting days (and I'll start the thread next week, if need be!)

lynne