PDA

View Full Version : Summer 2004 Faves?

Kuvy
08-24-2004, 12:26 PM
Argh - it's been a crazy summer. This weekend I finally read the June, July and August issues, and now have a list of 150+ recipes I want to make!!!!!

For those of us whose schedules get out of whack during the summer, can we create a list of personal favorites/"must trys" from the past few issues?

Thanks so much! :D

Linda in MO
08-24-2004, 12:37 PM
The first 2 that came to mind are the Rosemary Pork Sandwiches with Au Jus...
http://community.cookinglight.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62076&highlight=pork
And, the Lime-Cilantro Pork Tacos...
http://community.cookinglight.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58670&highlight=pork
I made a few modifications to both, but both were fantastic!

tbb113
08-24-2004, 12:46 PM
The curried lamb chops from June were very good. The Ginger-Curry Pork and Rice - CL June 04 (subbed chicken breasts) was excellent. You might want to check out the Winner and Losers threads for June and July as well

Terrytx
08-24-2004, 12:47 PM
here are some that we really liked

Grilled Beef Salad with Lemongrass Dressing-CL-7/04
Chipotle Macaroni and Cheese
Chicken Sate Wraps-CL-8/04
Southwestern Pasta with Beans-CL-8/04
BLT Bread Salad-CL-7/04
Garlic and Ginger Rice (Com Gung Tuong)-CL-8/04

NewMrsG
08-24-2004, 12:48 PM
I've made very few of this summer's recipes myself, but was really happy with:

Grilled Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Sandwiches with Fontina Cheese (June)
Grilled Pastrami-Style Salmon (July)
Fish Chowder (August)

I'm pretty sure all of the recipes have already been posted, but I'd be happy to post them if I'm mistaken.

kristalsnow7
08-24-2004, 12:58 PM
I'd like to highly recommend three from the July issue:

BLT Bread Salad
Louisiana Crab Cakes with Creole Tartar Sauce
Roasted Chicken and Artichoke Calzones

colleency
08-24-2004, 02:34 PM
I liked the Grilled Vegetable with Blue Cheese Dressing...but that may have been May.

zackaboo
08-24-2004, 07:41 PM
Three of my summer favorites were:

Tomatoes Roasted with Rosemary and Lemon, June '04 - I made these tonite and love their versatility. I will definitely make some to freeze before all of the tomatoes are gone.

Italin Sausage Soup - I can't believe how easy it was to make such a great tasting soup!

Pressed Cubano with Bacon - I just loved the contrast between sweet and salty in this sandwich.

There are still many recipes that I haven't had a chance to try yet...:rolleyes:

swquilts
08-25-2004, 07:30 AM
Either I didn't cook many new recipes or I didn't log them down. :rolleyes: Here's a couple that we really liked. (Sorry they aren't all CL)

Bourbon Molasses Chicken Drumsticks-BA 7/04
Peppery Chicken Pasta Salad-CL 6/04 (very good & easy)
White Bean and Roasted Chicken Salad - CL 6/04
Taco Rice Salad - CL 6/04

We eat a lot of salads in the hot summers here!

:D