PDA

View Full Version : At a loss for words.... "The Gaining Goddess"

HealthyinMN
08-25-2004, 10:15 PM
http://et.tv.yahoo.com/tv/2004/08/25/catmanvh1/

NICKI ROBERTS is the goddess in question on Wednesday night's show. Over the past year, she has doubled her weight and is now at 363.5 pounds, with her goal weight between 500-600 pounds.

Nicki explains that she was envious after seeing confident, plus-sized women, so she has made it her mission to become as big as possible. Despite doctor's warnings, the goddess devours 14,000 calories a day. "It wouldn't be uncommon for me to get excited if I split my pants ot a button pops off," she reveals. Nicki and her husband even plan on moving to a larger house to accomodate all the space required to put her cookies, bags of chips, and other high calorie foods.

vbak
08-26-2004, 05:21 AM
I can't believe it. I wonder how much confidence that young woman had who weighed 500 lbs. and whose skin was fused to the couch she had been laying on for 3-5 years?

The people in the other 2 shows that are lined up are strange to say the least-Cat Man and the couple who aare raising a cabbage patch doll as their son. Good grief!

kkapow
08-26-2004, 05:31 AM
after living years as an obese person, i can't imagine why this woman would want to gain so much weight! yes, there are some women who are confident, even though they are large. but the majority of us are unhappy with the way we look, and fight every single day to lose weight and keep it off. this woman has some other issues that need to be looked at. what a moron! has she even looked into the health risks that obesity causes? she'll find out the hard way, when she decides she doesn't want to look this way anymore, how hard it is to take the weight back off!

karen

MrsReber
08-26-2004, 07:23 AM
Wonder how confident she'll be when she's dead? We should have the answer to that one soon. I hope they do a follow up! Stupid, stupid, stupid.

linsleyd
08-26-2004, 07:29 AM
I saw the part on her last night on ET and her husband said she gets so excited when she gains one pound, it's like they are newlyweds. It's unhealthy and rather disgusting, but she's is happy. Granted she probably could do with some counseling, it's kind of like anorexia in reverse. They said she has to buy a new wardrobe every month and she wears sexy revealing things because she feels sexier as an overweight person than she did when she was skinny.

mlr73
08-26-2004, 10:19 AM
I saw her on ET Tonight yesterday. Holy Moly! How on earth do you intake 14,000 CALORIES A DAY?!?!?!? :eek: :eek:

I thought I heard the ET host say she drinks a 3500 calorie shake at night before she goes to bed (what in the world is in that shake!?!?) That still leaves 10,500 calories to be consumed - per day! I know there are a lot of calories in chips, cookies and other processed foods, but how much of that would you have to eat to get to 10,500?? Certainly, she can't be eating 5 bags of chips, 3 bags of cookies, a couple of cartons of ice cream per day, could she????

Doesn't her body feel a lack of certain nutrients?? When I haven't eaten enough vegetables or fruit or if I haven't had milk in a while, I just crave that stuff and have to eat it. I guess, once you stop eating it, maybe your body losses the crave/need for it?!? Oh my!:eek:

linsleyd
08-26-2004, 10:27 AM
Yep, they did say that about the shake and her husband said she eats a bag of chips before she even eats breakfast. Unreal.

tamawrite
08-26-2004, 10:42 AM
Minor hijack: As a non-TV watcher, I have no idea what you're talking about. What's the deal with Cat Man and the cabbage patch kid? What kind of show IS this? :eek: Please, somebody sate my curiosity!

MrsReber
08-26-2004, 11:19 AM
I have to step back and wonder for a moment if this is not some kind of stupid stunt to become famous. I just can't imagine anyone's husband being so supportive of such blatantly stupid behavior.

mlr73
08-26-2004, 11:20 AM
Well, the initial teaser was on Entertainment Tonight. But, the show they're on is called Totally Obsessed and it is on VH1. I've seen the cat guy before. He has tattoos all over his face, has had his teeth chiselled to resemble fangs and has had whiskers implanted into his face. He looks cat-like. If you click on the link that HealthyinMN posted, there is a picture of the cat guy. I have no idea about the cabbage patch people. But, I do have the Tivo set to record that episode of Totally Obsessed tonight.

I did record an episode of TO last night because I though ET said the Gaining Goddess was going to be on that episode. The episode I saw had some woman who was obsessed with Lord of the Rings. She had cardboard cutouts of all of the main characters in LOR. She talked to them and played card games with them. She feels they're real people. She even brought them to a restaurant with her and her husband (although, that could have been for the cameras). She was talking like Golam while deciding what to order. Oooo boy. Another person was obsessed with ET (similar to the LOR lady, he had a shrine and acted out scenes). And the other person was obsessed with the color pink. EVERYTHING she had was pink. She even dyed her white cat with food coloring and koolaid so that it would be pink. :eek:

MrsReber - I wouldn't doubt for a minute that these are all publicity stunts. But, my goodness, that is certainly not something I'd want to do for publicity.

mlr73
08-26-2004, 11:29 AM
Ooops! When I mentioned the guy obsessed about ET, I meant the movie - the extra terestrial, phone home guy. Not Entertainment Tonight. I just realized that.

tamawrite
08-26-2004, 11:40 AM
Thanks, mlr. What a world. *sigh*

DmOrtega
08-26-2004, 11:44 AM
I am truly amazed at something most everyday. Today I am amazed that there are people (really????) like these.

slknight
08-26-2004, 12:45 PM
That sounds totally insane. I can only imagine how big her grocery bill is. :eek: :rolleyes:

leightx
08-26-2004, 01:04 PM
I dunno - I think the Lizard Guy in Austin could give the Cat Man a run for his money. :rolleyes:

http://bmeworld.com/amago/Resources/mods/LIZARD~8.JPG

Here's the link to the rest of the pictures (make sure you aren't eating anything, please)... Lizardman (http://bmeworld.com/amago/bodmod/)

mlr73
08-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Okay, I did watch the Totally Obsessed show with the Gaining Goddess. The 3500 calorie shakes she drinks consist of 35% cream and 18% cream and chocolate syrup. All she eats is junk. One of her friends who was interview on the show said her cupboards are filled with everything at the grocery store you wouldn't allow your kids to have. She's hoping to weigh 600 pounds and to have a measurement of 6 feet or more around her bottom. She was already over 4 feet around her bust!:eek: :confused:

I think she does want the publicity, but part of me has to feel a bit sad to think of why she's doing this to herself. Her doctors warned her against it. I don't get.

I've seen that Lizard guy on some Discovery channel show before. To each his own.

hollysmom
08-27-2004, 08:41 PM
Their parents must be so proud.

The 'Gaining Goddess' must be part of a 'Feeder' Relationship for her husband to be supportive.

SSM