PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Recipes

Sandy777
10-05-2004, 02:27 PM
I could use any chicken recipes anyone wants to share, I eat it about 5-6 times a week so I am always needing new recipes.

Thanks
Sandy

greysangel
10-05-2004, 02:42 PM
Sandy - on the upper right hand corner is a handy dandy search button. Just click on that and type in things you want to search for like chicken breast. I searched titles only under the words chicken and breast and came up with this thread of posts. Search is our friend :)

http://community.cookinglight.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=571453&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Ann Sanders
10-05-2004, 03:24 PM
Hey, how about these???

Spicy Chicken & Chips

Source of Recipe
Healthy Chicken by Barbara Chernetz

1 lb. all-purpose potatoes, cut into 1/8 slices
1 t. salt
1 t. freshly ground black pepper
c. flour
t. cayenne pepper
t. ground cumin
1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut diagonally into 1 strips
1 T. fresh lime juice
2 t. vegetable oil
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray. Arrange the potato slices in a single layer on the sheet. Season with t. each salt and pepper. Bake until crisp and browned, 35 to 40 minutes.
Meanwhile, on a large flat plate, combine the flour, cayenne, cumin, remaining salt and pepper. Stir to blend.
In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with the lime juice, then dust with the seasoned flour.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring frequently until brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve hot with the chips.

Chicken Shepherd's Pie

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
1 bag (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables (peas, green beans, carrots
and corn)
3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
8 chicken thighs (2 1/2 pounds), skin and visible fat removed
1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated mashed potatoes
Bring soup, vegetables and thyme to boil in a large nonstick skillet.
Add chicken, reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring once or twice, 20
minutes or until chicken is almost opaque near bone.
Drop large spoonfuls mashed potatoes around edge of skillet. Cover and
simmer 5 minutes or until potatoes are hot. Sprinkle with paprika.
Yield: 4 servings.

Sandy777
10-05-2004, 03:28 PM
Thank you Anne, they look awesome

veschke
10-05-2004, 03:38 PM
Heh. I have at least three entire books of chicken recipes: 365 Ways to Cook Chicken, one from the Quick From Scratch series, and another one I'm *completely* blanking on. You can never have too many chicken recipes!

Some faves are on my Web site, www.asymmetry2.com (scroll down to Poultry).

lirpa
10-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Here's a recipe my mother used to make for us all of the time growing up. It's a simple casserole, yet, very tasty and easy to prepare. Just fix it and forget about it!! I'm not sure where she got the recipe from.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup uncooked rice-not minute rice
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 small jar mushrooms (sliced), drained
1 envelope onion soup mix
1/2 soup can milk

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In casserole dish, combine rice with cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup and milk. Stir until combined. Mix the mushrooms into the rice mixture. Place chicken breasts on top of rice mixture. Sprinkle chicken/rice with onion soup mix. Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 2 hours. Take out of onion and serve hot.

I've also made this minus the mushroom soup and mushrooms-tastes just as good.