PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use Cook'n software?

Mrs. Bob
11-11-2004, 10:11 AM
I just came across it online and it looks awesome! I love that you can download grocery lists to your Palm Pilot. Anybody have it and do you think it's worth the 30.00? Thanks!

granolagirl
11-11-2004, 10:14 AM
I haven't used it, but just wanted to drop this link (http://www.freewarepalm.com/database/handyshopper-english.shtml) off for a great list maker for Palm pilots. It is called Handy Shopper and you can keep all sorts of lists--grocery, books, to-do, etc.--in it. And it is FREE! :)

Mrs. Bob
11-11-2004, 11:08 AM
Thanks Granolagirl...it's not just the list maker that I'm looking for, but that's a great link! I really want to order Cook'n, but I want to hear what others have to say about it. I started to look for Master Cook...but that appears to no longer be available, and I was referred to the Cook'n site.

Kayaksoup
11-11-2004, 11:15 AM
MasterCook is still available as far as I know.
I ordered mine from ValuSoft..

claire797
11-11-2004, 11:32 AM
Sorry I'm typing fast and rather incoherently, but I just wanted to let you know thatI have Cook N (by DVO). My version is an older one so maybe it has improved, but Mastercook (from Valusoft) runs circles around Cook N. Cook N has lots of neat recipes built in and I think you can Download more from DVO, but in terms of functionality, Mastercook is better because it lets you design and publish your own printable cookbooks, has an Import Assistant that allows you to basically copy your recipes directly into the program without having to enter things manually from a long list of ingredients.

PamN
11-11-2004, 05:03 PM
Just thought I'd mention that the new MasterCook 8 allows you to quickly make a text file of your shopping list -- to print, email, or transfer to PDA. Also you can directly transfer shopping lists to PDA (Palm or Pocket PC).

List price is $20.

Love my MC. :D

kledavis
11-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Another MC fan - got my version 8.0 at Best Buy the other day, and have been using older versions since 1998ish. Great program! :D

deniseannsc
11-11-2004, 06:23 PM
I have been using MC since MC6. I upgraded to MC7 and will be upgrading to MC8 as soon as I can get to the store this weekend. I love the program already and that's even before the changes in MC8. I don't know anything about Cook N, but for the money I don't think you can go wrong with MC.

Mrs. Bob
11-11-2004, 06:59 PM
Well thank you all! I will go with Master Cook! I see to order on line costs 8-15 bucks for shipping...think I'll pick it up at Best Buy! Thanks again!