PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Theives

PurrPg
11-29-2004, 12:33 PM
I went to the store with my preprinted recipes for Lime Sour Cookies and Macademia Cranberry cookies and the beef burritos for the crockpot tomorrow. While cruising the baking island display, someone walked with my preprinted recipes. Sure enough, I forgot two things since I didn't have the recipes. I guess I'll have to stick to index cards.

Kat-

Beth
11-29-2004, 12:40 PM
Well, at least you can get another copy and they will get to try something new and wonderful. But we can hope they got so excited at the prospect that they forgot what they went to the store for too. ;)

ctr264
11-29-2004, 12:43 PM
That happened to my SIL last year at Christmas, I had given her an early Christmas present, - baking book - she took the book with her to the grocery store as she was planning on making several recipes from the book while she was debating which chocolate to buy, someone swiped the book.

Beth
11-29-2004, 01:00 PM
A printed recipe is bad enough, but taking the book! OMG. Hope they left the purse and car keys!

I cannot believe what some poeple will do. I would have assume that I dropped it somewhere or left it on a shelf -- and in my case, that's probably what would have happened. :o

capres
11-29-2004, 01:01 PM
How can they possibly cook out of a book they STOLE at the store? I just don't understand it. These type of things really make me angry.

Carol

SLFlyt
11-29-2004, 02:43 PM
People are mean! Last Christmas I was at the mall. I had Noah with me and he was 5 months and I was juggling him, a stroller, lots of bags, etc. Anyway, someone lifted my DEBIT CARD. I noticed it was gone about 30 minutes later and called my bank from the mall to tell them. Too late. The thief had already charged $1,000 worth of stuff with my card at Macy's. It came directly out of my account since it was a debit card. I did get the money back, but not until AFTER Christmas. Needless to say, there were slim pickins that year for the kids. Meanwhile, someone else was opening up Rocawear and PoloSportswear.

I have sinced written ASK FOR ID PLEASE on the back of my debit card, but no one ever does. :(

Gecko
11-29-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by SLFlyt
I have sinced written ASK FOR ID PLEASE on the back of my debit card, but no one ever does. :(

It just stuns me that people don't even compare the signature on the slip to the signature on the card, let alone ask for ID. I have thought about signing Mickey Mouse to see if they pick up on it. I doubt they would since they hand the card back to me before they check the signature. When a sales person asks me for ID I thank them because they are actually helping to protect my bank account.

colleency
11-29-2004, 05:21 PM
That's bizarre that someone would steal recipes. I mean, if I have a recipe in the store, and someone wants a copy, I email it to them or give it to them after I make sure I get what I need. Of course, some people steal Christmas trees. How can you put gifts under a stolen Christmas tree?