PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen this commercial??!!??

kkapow
12-02-2004, 03:14 AM
i saw a commercial for some kind of floor cleaner thingy the other day, and could not believe my eyes!
the commercial featured a restaurant called "Flor" and people ate off the floor instead of sitting at tables! the last image was of a meatball rolling across the floor and the customer speared it with his fork. i suppose he was then going to eat it.

the premise of this commercial was to tout the floor-cleaning thingy; a new twist on the "my house is so clean you can eat off the floors".

i, personally, think this is a horrible idea! i have nightmares just thinking about it! where do people get these ideas? do they think people are so stupid and gullible they'll go for anything? and pay high prices to eat there?

opinions, please??!!?? has anyone else seen this?

karen

mbrogier
12-02-2004, 03:45 AM
I think the commercial is stupid, but the restaurant isn't real. (it says so in teeny tiny print on the bottom of the screen) I'm sure people are that gullible though.

lindrusso
12-02-2004, 06:35 AM
I thought it was kinda funny. :D After all, it's just a spoof. To me, it was not only making the point that the floors were supposedly clean enough to eat off of in a different way, but it was also poking fun at trendy, but stupid, restaurant ideas. Made me and DH giggle!

The commercial that gets me going is the little green loogie (which talks and walks) sitting in some guy's throat that eventually gets coughed up because the guy takes an expectorant. EWWWWWWW!!!!!! It's bad enough that this thing walks and talks - I hate it when commericials make inanimate objects do that - but this time it's a glob of mucous!!!!! Enough already!!!

Alysha :)

badunnin
12-02-2004, 06:39 AM
I thought it was clever. A spoof on all the 'theme' restaurants out there, like Bed, where you can eat in bed (it was shown in Sex in the City, but I think it started in Miami.)

HejazSunKat
12-02-2004, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by lindrusso
The commercial that gets me going is the little green loogie (which talks and walks) sitting in some guy's throat that eventually gets coughed up because the guy takes an expectorant. EWWWWWWW!!!!!! It's bad enough that this thing walks and talks - I hate it when commericials make inanimate objects do that - but this time it's a glob of mucous!!!!! Enough already!!!

This sounds like something thought up by the losing team on The Apprentice. :rolleyes: I haven't seen that yet and would be just as happy not to.

Linda in MO
12-02-2004, 10:27 AM
I thought it was kind of clever, too. :cool:

JanetJ
12-02-2004, 11:14 AM
I thought it was a clever idea.