PDA

View Full Version : ISO: small make ahead dessert recipes

rcr
12-20-2004, 03:16 PM
Hi,
I'm having a dessert party in January and am searching for desserts that can be made in advance and frozen. I also need them to be in small portions bc. I plan on having 12 desserts. So far, the menu includes toffee bark. mocha brownies, fondue & fruit, chocolate covered strawberries, apple-cranberry filled phyllo bites, Krispy Kreme bread pudding, and chocolate chip-peanut cookies. Thanks!

JJeannette
12-20-2004, 04:49 PM
how about cheesecake and peanut butter fudge, or mini cupcakes?

krispy spo
12-20-2004, 06:12 PM
Your menu sounds yummy so far! What about the CL mini peppermint chocolate chip cheesecakes? I am making them for Christmas Eve dinner for the first time. I think you could make them ahead and freeze them without a problem. If you don't want to do peppermint maybe another kind of mini cheesecake? I think there are probably some recipes on the BB if you try searching for mini desserts.

kara_posey
12-20-2004, 06:18 PM
Mini cheesecakes are a great idea! I saw these on Paula Dean and they look GREAT. I'm sure you could do a bunch of variations too for the toppings instead of cherry.

Cherry Cream Cheese Tarts (http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_26191,00.html)

You could also try a ball cookie type thing. Here's a simple recipe that's very good and healthy too! They're made with just nuts and dried fruit:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Almond Apricot Orange balls

in blender or food processor -- chop until they become a coarse meal:
1 cup blanched almonds
3/4 cup (each) dried apricots, chopped dates and walnuts (I've also added in raisins, cranberries, figs and cherries. Just mix and match whatever fruit you want to make 2 1/4 cups.)

Add and pulse on and off until mixture sticks together:

1/4 cup orange juice

Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. If desired, roll in finely shredded
coconut or additional finely chopped nuts. Refrigerate in airtight
container until serving. (I didn't roll mine in anything and they still tasted great! They would be pretty with coconut though.)

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 260 Calories; 1g Fat (1.8% calories
from fat); 4g Protein; 67g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 0mg
Cholesterol; 10mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Fruit.

Good luck with everything!