PDA

View Full Version : Good day for 'fridge cleaning

crackers
01-15-2005, 01:17 PM
Figured this was as good a day as any for that dreaded chore, but luck was with me today! Got rid of the teeny piece of bacon-onion cheesecake that was hidden in the back of the crisper, the 2 tablespoons of crispy cream cheese :eek: , the fettucine alfredo that was growing the next generation of penicillin, but lo and behold! In the dark, cold recesses of the icebox lingered a small 1/2-cup tupperware of leftover chocolate ganache!!! (left from New Year's weekend)

Is it safe? Could it still be edible??

:D :D :D

As I sit here licking just a "mere" teaspoon....piled high and thick with the deep-dark-brown-gold :o , I can honestly say it is worth the risk! Ahhhh! Even bad, this stuff would be good.

Find any treasures in your Frigidaire lately?

MISSINDI
01-15-2005, 02:23 PM
Your frig sounds like mine! I've been making a real concerted effort to eat leftovers right away, because if we don't, they get pushed to the back and then quickly become science projects. I had to do a bit of quick cleaning today to get ready for a dinner party tonight, and had crispy cream cheese too - yuck! There's also something that dripped down in the way back that a) I have no idea what it is and b) for the life of me, I can't get it all off! Ahh.... tomorrow's project! :D

Sami
01-15-2005, 05:22 PM
I cleaned 1 shelf of my freezer looking for turkey bacon which I knew I had. I found 2 items unmarked and had no idea what they were. I let one soften and found that it was chopped onion. The other seems to be pancakes but there is something green in them (NOT MOLD:) ). Put them back labelled and will try the pancakes for breakfast tomorrow.

Also found some lemon curd, peanut butter brownies, and other cookies. When my kids all come in 2 weeks these are all going to be put out.

I was going to tackle another shelf but decided I would wait another day.

Sami