PDA

View Full Version : Bunko menu help

SamanthaD
01-21-2005, 01:12 PM
I am hosting a new bunko group that my unit at work is starting up. This is all women and I need some help with filling in the holes in the menu. I've got cute pink ***** cat napkins, plates etc.

For beverages I am planning on wine, "sammy collins"(a fruity vodka drink with sweet and sour mix), and various NA drinks.

For dessert I am planing on making Texas Sheet Cake and Coconut Lemon Bars.

For the pick ups/apps I need some help......

Thanks in advance

Sam

MISSINDI
01-21-2005, 02:48 PM
Now you got me wondering what they could have censored about your cute pink napkins... :)

How about CL's Chipotle Cups? Easy to eat and quick to make.

AvrilH
01-21-2005, 02:48 PM
how funny! I just played BUNKO for the first time the other night (I was a sub for a well-established group).

Anyway, I would consider a sandwich and wrap tray. It's a great way to give your guests variety, without utterly slaving away in the kitchen. Roast beef and tuna sanwiches, grilled chicken and veggie wraps should offer something to everyone.

For snacks on the table (there were snacks on every table as we rotated) I found it hard to resist them , and was frustrated that it was all crap (candy corn, etc.) I think veggies, pita and hummus, and a fruit tray (along with the pure crap) would have gone a long way with me. I could have snacked, without feeling icky afterwards.

PAMMELA
01-21-2005, 04:21 PM
Spinach balls are great and can be made in advance and then cooked just prior. They still taste great at room temperature too.

JHaris
01-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by PAMMELA
Spinach balls are great and can be made in advance and then cooked just prior. They still taste great at room temperature too.

The mention of spinach balls really peaked my interest. I did a "search" on the board and didn't come up with anything. Pray tell, where is the recipe for these?

Appreciate some help since maybe I can get the ingredients before we are snowed in tomorrow....did my shopping this morning and am in the process of making the monkey bread for breakfast for DH. He really loves it. By the by, I add the grated rind of a whole orange to the sugar mixture that is poured over the risen dough. Really adds sparkle to the recipe.

Joan

Canice
01-21-2005, 04:42 PM
Around here, I take "spinach balls" to mean only one thing: lindrusso's famous spinach balls (http://community.cookinglight.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=632437&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending) though I suppose there are others ;) .

Melman
01-21-2005, 07:35 PM
Nah...there are no other spinach balls!! :D They're excellent!

I wondered about that bleeped out word in the original post too. :rolleyes:

Canice
01-21-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by MISSINDI
Now you got me wondering what they could have censored about your cute pink napkins... :)

"kitty" cat? ;) No, no, couldn't be kitty.... :p

imloulou
01-21-2005, 09:05 PM
Hmmmmm...I think the word starts with a P, then has a U, a double S and a Y!!

I had to think for a sec but it is really funny what gets bleeped out on the board! I am interested if this is what it is!!

Sam...ya gotta let us know...LOL!

SamanthaD
01-22-2005, 06:37 AM
Hey everyone! Thank you so much for the replies. I was thinking about spinach balls. They will be on the menu for sure. I also love the idea of wraps. Hummous and pita chips were on my mind too. I am hoping to get a good amount of the prep done this weekend.

Lisa, you got it. I cannot believe that was **** out.

Sam