PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen Triplets of Belleville?

beckms
02-15-2005, 10:01 AM
We watched it last night, and while I loved it, I didn't understand the ending.

Can anyone explain that last scene to me?

lisas3575
02-15-2005, 10:02 AM
I saw it ages ago, and don't remember the last scene. Can you describe it?

beckms
02-15-2005, 10:09 AM
It's the bike-rider son, fast-forwarded many years (he has grey hair), and he's watching TV and turns and says to someone offscreen, "I believe it means it's over, Grandma."

Credits roll.

Huh?

beacooker
02-15-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by beckms
Huh?

My reaction to the whole movie. Totally didn't get it.

ellielk
02-15-2005, 10:48 AM
My sister RAVED about this movie - go see it, go see it, go see it. I finally rented it. It was interesting and amusing but I didn't think it stopped the world.

Sister also thought I should take the grandchildren (ages 4 and 8) to see it. I'm so glad I didn't. I think there were portions of it that would have been way inappropriate, it wouldn't have held their interest.

BTW, I also didn't quite understand the end. What I did understand was that I was so glad that I hadn't paid big bucks to see it in the theater.

Jessica
02-15-2005, 10:54 AM
I remember liking the movie very much but I don't recall the last scene at all. Sorry.

lisas3575
02-15-2005, 11:04 AM
Rebecca, this discussion (http://imdb.com/title/tt0286244/board/nest/9236232) might be helpful. Sorry, it's been too long since I've seen it to discuss it intelligently.

beckms
02-15-2005, 11:20 AM
Ah, thanks Lisa! That was very helpful. I didn't catch all of those points in the movie.

I really did love it; I thought it was so beautiful and expressive. And those Triplets!!!:p

NewMrsG
02-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by beacooker

My reaction to the whole movie. Totally didn't get it.

LOL - this was us too! I loved the music and we watched maybe the first hour or so - my husband and I kept looking at each other and going "what the heck is going on??" I'm glad it wasn't just us!

beckms
02-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by NewMrsG

LOL - this was us too! I loved the music and we watched maybe the first hour or so - my husband and I kept looking at each other and going "what the heck is going on??" I'm glad it wasn't just us!

You have to watch the whole movie to understand what's happening. The first hour or so is just spent setting up the plot and introducing the characters, and it all gets tied together in the end.

ErinM
02-15-2005, 09:31 PM
This movie just made me sad and depressed....I guess I didn't get it either! Here you have this old lady doing EVERYTHING for her grandson, and he just never seems to show any appreciation. And then there's the dog. It just made me want to cry...

I should say I only watched up to the part where Grandma goes home with the Triplets.

beckms
02-16-2005, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by ErinM
This movie just made me sad and depressed....I guess I didn't get it either! Here you have this old lady doing EVERYTHING for her grandson, and he just never seems to show any appreciation. And then there's the dog. It just made me want to cry...

I should say I only watched up to the part where Grandma goes home with the Triplets.

Gotta watch the rest before you draw that conclusion.

NewMrsG
02-16-2005, 07:15 AM

You have to watch the whole movie to understand what's happening. The first hour or so is just spent setting up the plot and introducing the characters, and it all gets tied together in the end.

Figures! Maybe we'll have to try again ...

ErinM
02-16-2005, 08:01 AM

Gotta watch the rest before you draw that conclusion.

Ah! Maybe that's it! At the point I stopped watching, I just couldn't bear to go on. I'll try it again sometime.