PDA

View Full Version : Second Anniversary gift

NewMrsG
03-03-2005, 02:40 PM
I need some inspiration ... my husband and I are celebrating our second wedding anniversary next month (and I'm really regretting my screen name now!).

We stuck with tradition last year and bought a gift for one another that was traditional (paper). This year is cotton, which means I could obviously buy him a new shirt or something, but how boring. (although he's very easily pleased and would probably be thrilled in all honesty).

Any inspiring ideas?

PurplePotato
03-03-2005, 03:10 PM
monogrammed hankerchiefs?

mom2garret
03-03-2005, 03:13 PM
I once gave DH a pair of boxers with our picture on them! Great conversational piece ;)
Jodi

funnybone
03-03-2005, 03:14 PM
How about getting him something that isn't cotton, but just throwing in some Q-tips to keep with tradition. ;) :D :cool:

gertdog
03-03-2005, 03:14 PM
Super-luxurious gazillion thread count sheets for your bed?

Gilgamesh37
03-03-2005, 03:15 PM
really high thread count, high quality cotton sheets? It could sort of be a gift that keeps on giving kind of thing..... http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-068.gif

Seriously, Overstock usually has some 400, 500, 600 thread count sheets for very reasonable. I bought one set thinking I would just sort of try them, and I cannot believe the difference in comfort. I kind of wince when I put on a set of cotton/poly 50/50s now, but so far I haven't bitten the bullet nad just replaced them all with the good ones.

mbrogier
03-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Gertdog and I have the same idea!

Or a trip that includes superluxurious sheets?? ;) Like a stay at Westin?

Big 'ol fluffy bath towels would be nice, too. (Throw in a towel warmer.) :D

gertdog
03-03-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by mbrogier
Gertdog and I have the same idea!

Gilgamesh too! Except with a lot less in the way of hyperbole. Gazillion thread count, 500 thread count, it's all the same, right? :D

I like the fluffy towels idea too. Or, if he wears a bathrobe, a nice fluffy one of those.

Gilgamesh37
03-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Well, I guess we know who the sleep-oriented people on the board are! :D

I love the big fluffy bath towels idea---in fact, The Company Store's towels are marvelous, soft, really absorbent, and you can get the bath sheets that are about a mile long (no hyperbole here! :p ) and you could get them monogrammed, too. I've bought several for DBF, only instead of monogramming with his initials, I monogrammed them with an inside-joke nickname, which means I always have to stammer around when someone asks why we have towels monogrammed with [not our initials].

Edited to say: The Company Store is having a bath sale right now and it looks like all the towels are on sale. It's their regular cotton towels I've bought in the past (because we like bright colors, and the fancier ones are usually more muted shades) but even the snazzy Egyptian cotton ones are on sale right now:

The Company Store Egyptian Towels (http://www.thecompanystore.com/parent.asp?product=VE76x&dept%5Fid=3601)

PAMMELA
03-03-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by mbrogier
Or a trip that includes superluxurious sheets?? ;) Like a stay at Westin?

OH MY GOODNESS!! We went to a wedding reception a few years ago at a Westin and stayed the night. I don't know if it was the bed, the sheets, the pillows, or what....but it was the most fluffiest comfortable bed ever!! The do not disturb sign on the door had a picture of a huge bed with white everything, with the words, do not disturb...i'm in heaven. It WAS heaven too.

That would be a great cotton gift! :D

Natasha
03-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by PAMMELA

OH MY GOODNESS!! We went to a wedding reception a few years ago at a Westin and stayed the night. I don't know if it was the bed, the sheets, the pillows, or what....but it was the most fluffiest comfortable bed ever!! The do not disturb sign on the door had a picture of a huge bed with white everything, with the words, do not disturb...i'm in heaven. It WAS heaven too.

That would be a great cotton gift! :D

Those "Heavenly Beds" are amazing. They sell them now, I noticed the last time I stayed at a Westin, but it was crazy expensive. Still tempting, though! :)

Early happy 2nd anniversary wishes to you, NewMrsG! My 2nd anniversary is only a few weeks after yours :)

Natasha

NewMrsG
03-03-2005, 04:24 PM
Wow thanks everyone!

Why in the world didn't I think of sheets?? And he's a huge shower lover (what in the world he's doing in there for 30 minutes I'll never figure out...) so towels would be a good idea. I did just get him a nice fluffy bathrobe a couple of years ago.

You guys are great - thanks for these ideas!

Natasha - congratulations to you too - I have a vague recollection of talking about this last year! :) - what are YOUR plans?

Natasha
03-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by NewMrsG
Natasha - congratulations to you too - I have a vague recollection of talking about this last year! :) - what are YOUR plans?

That's right - we did talk about it last year! :) Thanks for the congrats. We don't have any fixed plans yet, but are thinking about maybe going back to the place we spent our honeymoon, or doing another weekend getaway. Time to figure it out, I guess; it'll be here before I know it!

That reminds me that Stefania4's second anniversary is also coming up; I think she got married just a couple of days after I did. :)

Natasha

mbrogier
03-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by NewMrsG
And he's a huge shower lover (what in the world he's doing in there for 30 minutes I'll never figure out...)

why don't you hop in there too and see what all the fuss is about? :D (actually my dearest hates that because he fusses that he gets cold. :rolleyes: )

When we moved into our house, the shower head was pathetic, so we replaced it with one of those big round ones that look like rain is falling. Rob loved that thing. Our house now has one, too.

The Westin website also sells their items. They have this shower curtain rod that curves out, so you have more room in the shower without the curtain sticking to you. Rob liked that, too.

stefania4
03-03-2005, 08:14 PM
Well, you're certainly more on the ball than I am. My second anniversary is the day after Natasha's and I had no idea that cotton was the "in" gift. :)

I don't know what your budget is like for this gift, but what about a weekend at a B&B in the deep south (cotton country)?

NewMrsG
03-04-2005, 07:27 AM
I'm really not that much on the ball - I just looked it up yesterday!

We're actually going to Cancun 2 days after our anniversary - his company is sending everyone out together because they hit some sort of sales goal. I'm certainly not complaining about an almost-free trip, but we're obligated to spend a chunk of the time as a group and it probably won't be the most romantic of vacations ;)

So a trip somehow didn't seem right.

I've been thinking more about those sheets, though, and got to wondering - if you buy really nice luxury sheets, are the regular ones then uncomfortable??

And mbrogier, are we married to the same man?? I'm not typically allowed to interfere with his showering process ... I'd blame it on no longer being newlyweds, but truthfully that's pretty much always been the case!

BeachBum
03-04-2005, 08:36 AM
My mom bought us a cotton hammock for our second anniversary. I thought it was really thoughtful and unique.

LaraW
03-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Wow, I just have to say that I'm impressed by all of you who give your DH's an anniversary gift. You're such nice wives :o

I always joke that DH has ME, and isn't that gift enough :p ;)

Lara