PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Registry- Yeehaw!

maisies1
03-20-2005, 04:05 PM
I love to cook- and I am getting married in six months. Any recommendations on what to register for? Like, what you wish you'd asked for, or things you find completely indispensable?

Thanks!

MISSINDI
03-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Things have definitely changed over the years. When we registered (only 7 years ago), you had to go to each store and get a scanning gun and scan each item you wanted to register for. Now, you can do it all from the comfort of your own home -- too cool!

My sister got married last year and registered at www.weddingchannel.com. The cool thing about doing it there, is you can register for items at a bunch of different stores like Pottery Barn, Tiffany & Co., Pier 1, Crate & Barrel, Bloomingdales, Sandals Resorts, etc. Makes it really easy for you, and this way you can pick items from a broad range of prices to accomodate all your guests. Hope this helps!

As far as what to register for ... my only advice is to choose carefully. Pick items that a) will stand the test of time, b) are practical and c) are not trendy. When we registered, I picked orange Fiestaware as my "everyday" set of dishes. Might have been fun at the time, but I grew tired of the novelty color quickly.

Have fun!