PDA

View Full Version : review: amaretto-amaretti chocolate cheesecake

aggie94
04-24-2001, 12:51 PM
Thanks for posting this, woodsl! This cheesecake was absolutely fabulous. It's definitely not light, but it was as good as most bakery or restaurant cheesecakes I've had. I did have a little trouble getting the first piece out of the pan, but the rest of them have been flying out of there! I also had trouble finding the amaretti cookies, and finally had to break down and order them online from D'Italia. It was worth it, though -- this cheesecake was amazing!

woodsl
04-24-2001, 04:04 PM
I'm so glad you enjoyed it. It's one of my favorites. You're right - those darn cookies are hard to find. There is one specialty food/wine shop in Dallas that carries them. Of course, it's 20 miles from my house, but worth the drive when I want to make this cheesecake. Also, I have seen them at several places during the Christmas season.

I have to say that one of my favorite things (after receiving a recipe that I love) is giving recipes to people when they really like them. For some reason, it makes me feel like I've done a good thing even though I did not develop the recipe.

Sharon

[This message has been edited by woodsl (edited 04-24-2001).]